In a Few Centuries

Alice came bustling into my room at six in the morning, yanked open the curtains, and grinned at me.

"Go wake Josh up for me, will you? I can't get him to budge." She chirped, pulling back my covers. I'd been lying in bed all night, and had read all the Harry Potter books. Now all I had to do, was buy a whole interesting library, because I needed to be occupied tonight. And the next night, and the next night, and the next night...I think you get the picture. Even though I don't sleep, I didn't want to leave the comfort of my soft, warm bed. When I didn't budge, she put her hands on her hips and pouted at me.

"Pwease?" She begged, fluttering her eyelashes.

"Where exactly would we be going?"

"We need to go shopping, to get you some new clothes!" She squeeled, and burst into my closet. I could distinctly hear her rumaging around in there, and the slight thuds of clothes being thrown on the floor. She came out seconds later, my clothes bundled in her arms. Before I could protest, she dumped them on the floor, and frowned at me.

"You see these," She indicated to my clothing. "They are unacceptable. Especially when your so pretty, and can pull of almost anything."

"First of all, I'm fine with my current wardrobe. And second, you must be blind to think that."

"I am most certainly not blind! And you are very beautiful. Maybe that's why you have four guys chasing you!"

"Four...?"

"Well, there's Demetri, Alec, Seth and Josh of course!"

"Oh god." I moaned. That needed to be sorted out soon.

"Anyway, let's see..." Alice appeared in front of me, clothes from shops for emergencies in her arms. I must be an emergency...

She stripped me of my clothes, so I stood naked in front of her. I tried to cover myself up, but she stopped me, and told me it was 'nothing she'd never seen before!'. She gave me some matching blue underwear, which I pulled on thankfully. Then she gave me some designer blue skinny jeans, a plain white top, and some black converse. She also gave me another designer item, a black leather jacket, which I didn't see how it was much different than my previous ones. Apart from the designer bit. When I was fully dressed, she smiled at me, and handed me some more clothes.

"Give them to Josh, will you? And wake him up!" She grinned, and disapeared downstairs. Alice...

I went into Josh's room after brushing my hair, and sorting out my 'final look'. He was still sound asleep, face pushed into the pillow, covers bundled around him. There was just enough room for me to sit next to him on the edge of the bed.

He looked so peaceful lying there. It made me know for definite, that I needed to send him home tomorrow morning. He couldn't stay here. Not now.

I grabbed his shoulder, and pushed him slightly. He just took a breath and lay still. So I shook him harder, no movement. As a final resort, I sat on him. He moved and looked up at me, confusion clear in his eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"Waking you up." He still looked at me. "Now put these on, Alice's orders." I threw the clothes at him, and walked out the door. Back in my room, my clothes were made, and there was a small black shoulder bag on my bed, when I picked it up, I found some money and a note inside. It read:

This is just some money I had lying around, but if it's not enough, I'm bringing my card too!

-Alice

Typical. I double checked the money, and trust me, it's not money that's just lying around. It's like money that you'd use to give someone life saving surgery. I've got to make sure that Alice doesn't waste too much on me, especially because of the large amount of bills. I grabbed the black bag, and placed the money inside. Why would I leave it?