Stolen

• Dedicated to Yamna Paradis

I awoke on a jet. I was lying on a reclined chair, a bandage tightly wrapped around my arm. No one was around. Not even Demitri. I realised what I had done, but it was for the best. I missed them. Even crazy Alice. I remembered Bella's cries as I left. What would they tell my mum, or Charlie? I kept my eyes closed and tried to fall back asleep. I heard footsteps approach.

"How is your arm?" Demitri asked. I opened my eyes and sat up.

"Fine, I guess. Where are we going?"

"We are on a private jet to Volterra. It won't be long."

"OK."

"I cannot do anything more about your arm, it is broken. But it would not matter anyway. It will heal during the change."

"Will it hurt?"

"Very much. Like fire and acid consuming all of you. Your mind, body, soul and heart. Until it stops beating." He answered, looking out of a window. "Sleep. I shall wake you when we arrive."

***

I looked at Jacob. Only he knew. I had imprinted on Elizabeth. When I saw her there, helpless in his grasp. Everything changed, I wanted to rip that leech's head off more than I ever thought possible. How dare he hurt her like that. And when he broke her arm, I wanted to ......... well you get the picture. Personally if it wasn't one of them Volturi, he would be tiny little pieces burning in the fire, ashes to ashes, and dust to dust. I looked up at Jacob. He wasn't smiling.

"I quite liked Liz. She was a nice girl, had alot of fire. It's a shame that she will become a bloodsucker. And at least she tried to get away, tried to save herself. But in the end, the only one she saved was you little bro." He smiled, punching me in the arm.

"Yeah, whatever. I just can't believe that the best thing that i've ever had, slipped out of my fingers. Forever. When I saw her, I thought that maybe I had found something good. And then I saw that leech crushing her!" I started to raise my voice with every word. I was starting to change.

"Woah, calm down, buddy. Bella will get her back. And then you can be with her as much as you want." He said reasuringly.

"Okay." I mumered. "Please, please, please, Jake. Please let me go?"

"No. I'm sorry bud, but we can't loose you. You're too young to go to vamp central. I am sure they find her."

"They better. Before it's too late."

***

"Wake up! Wake up!" Demitri shook me, but not too rough. I slowly opened my heavy eyelids.

"Mmmm? What do you want?" I mumered drowsily. Rowling over, I looked up at the red-eyed vampire scowling down at me.

"GET UP! Come on! Move your lazy butt! Aro does not like to be kept waiting." He growled.

"OK. OK. Just let me freshen up." I said popping the p. I stood up and streched.

"Fine, five minutes. Not any second longer." He said.

"Whatever." I called, halfway down the aisle. I opened the door to the restroom.

It's a bog. Why do they have to make it any posher? I thought.

"Oh. And by the way, you have a serious case of bed-head." He informed me. I knew he was smiling cheekely. I turned round and stuck my tongue out at him. I slammed the door shut, and could hear his chuckeling through the stupid plastic door.

***

After washing my face, brushing my hair, re-applyling my bandage and changing into a black cloak that hung on the door. I unlocked the toilet door and stepped outside. A elderly man was the only other person on the jet. I walked up to him.

"Do you know where the man went?" I asked politley. He nodded at me, and indicated to a ramp that lead from the door of the plane to the runway.

"He is waiting in the car for you, mam." He answered. He was british! Just like me.

I smiled at him, and walked down the ramp. I slowly approached the black car, with tinted windows. A chaufeur opened my door for me. I slided in, onto the sqeeky leather seats. Demitri sat next to me, looking out of the window. Not that there was anything to look at. The chaufeur looked at Demitri in the rearview mirror.

"Would you like the privacy window up sir?" He asked.

"Yes. Put it up now." Demitri demanded. A faint buzz sounded as the privacy window slid into place. Demitri turned to me. I scowled at him.

"When we arrive do not speak unless spoken to. And you will not enter until I call you. Also, it would be best if the hood is up. Might add more affect when you are introduced."

"A please might be nice." I muttured.

"Excuse me?"

"It would have been nice to fit a please into that sentance. I'm sure that man up front thinks you're very rude."

Demitri sighed."See, this is what I mean. You need to learn to shut your mouth. Even though expressing your opinion is important, I want you to say quiet. Please? Is that better?" He questioned.

"Yes, much."