Do You Still Love Him?

With a small growl, I grabbed the tiny, irritating piece of hair that was dangling from my forehead with my index finger and thumb. After I stuck it down with a grip, a small smile lit up my face with satisfaction. My 'messy' bun was now complete, and I was ready for a 'normal' day out. When Seth had pratically forced me downstairs after our small conversation, everyone was overjoyed. Especially Alice. I guess it had something to do with the mysterious visions, and I still didn't know what they were about.

Seth had actually managed to make me crack a smile, and after many relieved hugs, everyone seemed to think things were back to normal. But I knew they weren't. Edward and Jasper were gone, as Seth had told me, to go find 'some other guy'. I didn't know anything about him either. I seemed to be really out of the loop.

The thing that confused me most, however, was the fact that Bella and Renesmee were not present when I emerged. I was told that it was because Renesmee was sick, but I knew that wasn't the case. Carlisle made that clear when I returned after my phase. Renesmee can't get sick. Even though I knew my relationship with Bella was complicated, I didn't think that she would purposely avoid me in my time of need. What type of cousin did that? I mean, me and Bella were extemely close when we were younger. Of course, I moved away, and that changed things...but a lot more than I thought it would. Maybe she just didn't like me. I had changed a lot. Maybe she didn't forgive me for my murdering streak. I know there would always be doubt in my mind if she did something like that. But she wouldn't; because of Edward, because of Renesmee.

Who really knows the reason? Whatever went through Bella's mind was hers and her own. She made sure of that.

Seth called my name from down the stairs. I would have heard him even if he barely whispered. With a gust of wind, I was down the stairs, standing neatly next to Alice. She grinned at me, her pearly whites shining in the sunlight. Mind you, that wasn't the only thing that was shining. We all shone. All except for Seth. Somehow, even though I thought it not possible, Alice seemed happier, more bouncy, since I'd 'returned'. I guess she liked me. And that was something.

"You look lovely," She commented, on my frilly skirt and blouse. Her eyes lingered on my shoes, delicate cream slip ons with a cute bow. "I see you didn't wear the heels I picked out for you." With a slight frown, she scolded me. Yet she still looked beautiful.

"I don't want to break my neck." She giggled.

"Silly. You know you can't-"

I grinned at her. "I know."

Seth took that moment to step forward, a smile lighting up his face. He had been my saviour lately, and without him, I don't know what I would've done. I walked to him with a burst of speed, and drew him into my arms. Surprised, he slowly placed his arms around me in return, and I felt him take in a deep breath of my hair. I chuckled. Wolf habits.

In fact, I did the same to him. He smelled of the forest and rain. Two of my favourite things when it came to nature. It still baffled me however, how none of the wolves stank to me of wet dog, or how I didn't smell unpleasant to them. Maybe I was special. Ha. Fat chance of that.

I pulled him closer to me, whispered two words into his ear, and let go. Of course, everyone else heard, but it was a special moment to me. Me and Seth were close. Like we were meant to be together. Not in that way of course, but, in each others company. It calmed me. His presence calmed me. And I needed calm right now. "Your welcome." His whispered back. He knew I could hear him.

When I looked away from him, I realised everyone was staring at us. If I could blush, a deep scarlett red would be dusting my cheeks right now. Seth cleared his throat, he noticed it too. "So...are we going?"

"Yes, let me just get my-"

"Actually, can I talk to you, Liz?" Alice stopped my reply with a question. I looked to Seth, who nodded at me.

Wearing a cautious look, I turned to her. "Sure, but-" Before I finished my sentence, Alice was dragging me out of the door, into the woods. She towed me for at least a minute. And I knew she wanted us to be far away from the other's hearing range. We haulted, and she pulled me close, looking right into my eyes. I was going to question her, but she spoke first. Almost abruptly.

"Do you still love Demetri?"

I froze. Why would she ask me this? How was it relevant? I was happy. I was going to have fun with my best and closest friend, and she asks me this? "Why?" I spat out. And grimaced at my furious tone. I didn't mean it to come out like that.

"Do you still love him?" She persisted. "Do you?"

"I-" Should I tell her the truth? Would it really matter anyway? It's not like I'll ever see Demetri again. And maybe Alice had seen this anyway. Maybe she knew what my answer would be, one way or another. "I'll always love him. He will always be in my heart," I sighed. "What is this about anyway?"

"Forget your feelings for him."

I gasped. I never knew Alice to be so...hostile towards someone. "Why should I do that exactly?" I exclaimed, wondering why I didn't just leave with Seth as soon as I came down.

"You have Seth now. Demetri's gone. Seth is what you need."

"I don't 'need' anything," I growled. "I make my own desicions."

She grabbed my forearms tightly. "Demetri still loves you. When he comes here and sees you don't love him, it won't happen. No one will be hurt. We'll be safe."

"Alice, what are you-" Realisation dawned on me, and I threw Alice's hands off me, grabbing her shoulders in return. "What did you see? Tell me right now, Alice."

She had a distant gaze, and looked away from me. "Demetri's coming, and if you two fall back in love, the Volturi will do everything they can to break you apart. And then, take you back to Volterra." She sighed. "People will die, Liz. People we care about."

"I-" It was a lot to take in, why would she throw all of this on me now.

She stopped my distant thinking, and grabbed my lightly on the sides of my face, forcing me to look into her golden eyes once more. "Rose, Seth, Jacob, Nessie...your mother. They'll all die."

I gasped, and shook my head, turning away from her so she wouldn't see my conflicting emotions. "But-but-it's not certain, is it?"

"No. But only you can change what I saw."

"How?" I demanded, emotion and grief flooding through me. I turned to her.

She gulped, and looked upset for me. "Forget Demetri. Tell him you don't love him, you never have. Make him jealous. Something."

"And then what?" I questioned her, but another thing popped into my mind. "Wait, why would Demetri come back?"

She sighed, and this time it was her who turned away from me. "When you were ill, unresponsive, we called the only two people we thought could help you. But one already did; Seth."

"You called Seth, and Demetri. Didn't you?"

"Yes." She said, and ran back to the house.

I screamed in frustration and ripped a tree from it's roots in my anger. I threw it as far as I could, screamed once more, and flopped onto the ground in defeat.

That's how Seth found me. My hands pulling at my hair, teeth bared; and because I was weak, unshed tears I could not release, that weren't possible, threatened to spill.