Monster

The fire consumed me. It enveloped me, suffocated me. Even though I kept gasping. Even though I had no breath. I still screamed. It was the only way to let the pain out. The way Demetri described it, is nothing like the way it actually feels. Demetri. My vision kept clouding over. I couldn't find him. He'd left me to die in excrushiating agony. It felt like acid. Like the way you think it would feel if you were one of them girls. Acid thrown in your face by someone you trusted. I couldn't stop screaming. It went on and on. The venom flowed to every non-infected area in body. I tried to picture something happy. Something to block out the pain. Bella. The Cullens. The wolf pack. Seth. Anyone who could take the pain away. I screamed again. Louder this time. I felt my body start to shake. It shook so violently. Like I was having an epilectic fit. Something cool clasped my hand. I grasped it so tightly, I wanted that coolness one-hundred times over. To completely cover my body. I gained sight for a few seconds, and caught a glimpse of a familiar face. Demetri. I was holding his hand. Crushing it. The coolness dissapeared, and my vision was lost again. I mustered all of the little strength I had to screech out one word.

"DEMETRI!"

***

"DEMETRI!"

I looked around me. Elizabeth had just called my name. She needed me! I kept the cloth under the cool running water, and quickly pulled it out. I was by her side in an instant, the cloth in hand. I didn't even know if it would make a difference. Anyway, I placed it gently on her forehead. Whilst her screams still roamed on. I wanted to take away her pain. Her suffering. I wanted to save her. But the only way to do that was to wait, or to end her life right now. But I couldn't do that. It would be too hard for me, and even though she didn't want this, I'm sure she'd prefer this to no life at all. I stared at her, she started to shake again. Exept this time, it was way more violent. She had been like this since yesterday. When Aro had decided that it was time. I thought, in fact I knew, that she was almost finished. She was one of the quicker ones. One single change can take from one day to a whole month. This was her second day. And she was almost changed. I sat on the bed next to her. And I let her grasp my hand fiercly, again.

***

I knew he was there again, right next to me. Hopefully he always would be. I screamed again, for what seemed like forever. It was the longest one yet. Was it almost done? I kept my lips clamped shut. I would not scream again. I would make sure of it. The shaking stopped suddenly. And the fire slowly dulled down. It faded, and my breathing ceased. Stopped altogether. And so did my heart. I opened my eyes.

***

Demetri was gone. Instead of Demetri, Jane was who had been holding my hand. Anger fluttered inside of me. I was so stupid to think he would actually be there. Helping me along. Carefully I stood up. Jane helped me steady myself. I wobbled. Then I clutched my throat. It was so dry. I was so thirsty. I looked up at Jane. She just nodded.

"Thirsty? Don't worry. Aro is bringing in at least fifty."

"Humans?"

"Of course. I told you this. We are nothing like the Cullens."

"I know. I just forgot. Everything is so different." I answered. Looking around I noticed a few things. My sight, hearing and smell had improved dramatically. And I just knew that I was so strong. So fast.

"Are you ready? Remember you can have as much as you want."

"I'm ready."

I followed Jane into the throne room. Everyone was there. Even Demetri. I tried not to look at him. It was obviously their sick idea of a feast.

"Elizabeth. How are you adapting?" Marcus asked, not Aro.

"I am coping very well, thank you, sir."

"Good. Bring them in." He comanded. The door opened to reveal at least fifty humans. They all entered the room mesmerised. We attacked. At least everyone but me. I stared at the vampires. What was I supposed to do? I decided to copy someone. I chose the person closest to me, and copied Jane. I didn't check to see who this person was. Male, female, adult or child. I didn't care. I just grasped their head in my hands, and snapped their neck. I bit down deep on a very visable vain, and began to drink.