Part of the Earth

An eerie silence filled the woods, with only the faint chirping of the birds to make it sound natural. I looked away from Jasper, not wanting to see his reaction, and ended up facing a deer. It stared at me. Eye to eye. Teasing me. I tried to block it's scent just for a little while.
"We've been expecting this. I shall confer with my family, and inform you when my descision has been made." He answered my massive favor.
"Thank you Jasper. I apriciate it very much. Now if you'll excuse me...?" I pointed to the deer. He stared at it, and I could see his controlled restraint.
"Yes...I shall leave you to it." He smiled, dissapearing into the woods.
Turning to face the deer, I took in every single detail. The scent, the look of it. The colour of it's fur. The dirt in it's hooves. It didn't look very young, and so I wished that I didn't have to end it's life. But my life was ended young too. And I needed blood, so that another wasn't sacrificed. I crouched into a predator's stance, and let out a small growl. I was no longer Elizabeth. I was a hunter. I lunged.

***

After returning home, I'd taken a needed shower. And changed my dirt-covered, blood stained clothes. I hadn't wanted to shock my mother, so I had burned then while she was at work. Yes, she had a job. At some store that was owned by the Newtons, maybe? I didn't know. All I knew was that maybe she didn't need my stolen money when I'd gone. Perhaps she could fend for herself. She had good qualifications. And she deserved it.
To pass the time, I decided to make her a nice dinner. That I wouldn't eat. Just so that I could let life seem normal before I had to leave life behind alltogether. Surprisingly, the fridge was full to the brim. So I thought it would be nice to make her favorite, Chicken Casserole (which also, used to be, my favourite), but I was wrong. A click sounded through the house as my mum placed the key in the lock, and violently turned. The door burst open, and I heard the keys be thrown on the dresser beside the door.
"Honey?"
"In here!" I called.
"Honey I had the worst day at work-what are you doing?" She demanded, after she'd rushed in.
"Making dinner?"
"No, no, no! I was going to make this for you tonight. We havn't had a family meal for such a long time. So I invited Charlie and Bella. And lets not forget her lovley husband, Edward. But it looks like I'll have to cancel now, since you only made enough for two..."
"Oh, I'm sorry! It'll be better for just the two of us. I need to talk to you."
She pulled out her phone, and started to text someone. After quite a while, she looked up.
"I've sent them all messages. But Bella wants you to go over for dinner at her house, apparently her and the Cullens need to talk to you." She said sadly.
"Don't worry mum. We can have a nice dinner tomorrow. Just me and you. OK?"
"OK."
"I'll see you later!" I called, grabbing my car keys, and running out the door. Dreding what was to come.

***

Pulling up in the drive of the house, screams echoed all around. One voice was a female. Another was a calmed male, obviously trying to sooth the woman.
"HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME THAT MY OWN COUSIN HAD ASKED JASPER TO KILL HER! YOU SAID THAT SHE WAS FINE, AND THAT IT WAS NOTHING, AND NOW YOU SAY THAT SHE HAS ALREADY CHOSEN?" She screeched.
"Listen, it'll all be OK. You can talk to her. Maybe get her to change her mind. Anyway she's here now." He said calmly.
Bella and Edward. Hoping not to set off another argument, I entered the house and I was sure that I took the exact same steps as I had earlier. When I entered the room, Bella looked furious, with Edward who had a pained expression on his face. I tried to open my mouth, but before I could, Bella had stormed up to me and slapped me across the face. De-ja vu. Alot harder than the last time. Staring at her, I started to see the real pain behind the anger.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She whispered.
"I didn't know if it was what I even wanted. I..I didn't want to hurt you."
"No, you wanted to hurt me when you were killed!" She shouted.
"No I Just-"
"Is there anything else you want to get off your chest? Who did you fall in love with in Volterra?"
"I-I...Demitri..."
"Demitiri?" She questioned.
"What? You fell in love with the wrong person too."
"I-that's different." She looked exasperated.
"No, it's not. And anyway, I made my desicion because I have no one that I can completly trust. Who I can turn to when I'm hurt."
"You can turn to me."
"No, I can't. Because you never listen, and you're always busy. Where were you when I arrived here, Bella? You should have known that I was coming and welcomed me with open arms. Not told me anything, and sent me back when it was needed. To me it feels like it's your fault that I'm a vampire. That I want to die."
I ran out after that. My words the only sign that I'd ever been there.

***

I traveled into the woods, and arrived at a small river. I took off my boots, and socks, and slid my feet into the water. I pulled of my jacket, and put it to the side. The sun started shining. Closing me eyes, I threw my head back, and opened my arms out wide. My long brown hair flowed around my shoulders. I felt connected to nature. Connected to the the earth. Not just a death thing, that the planet let wander. Falling back into the river, I didn't care about the pain, I just let the water 'drown' me. It corvered me, rushed around. Not caring if I got wet, because I already was, I splashed and thrashed about. With the sun shining down on me, the earth on my clothes, the water completly surrounding me. I finally felt part of something, part of the earth. I felt alive.

***

When I returned home, again, my mother was already in bed. So I slipped of my clothes, put on my comfiest pyjamas, and snuggled down, Ipod on, gentle music calming me down. I sat like this until the sun shone bright threw my curtains. Checking my alarm clock, it read: 6:30.
It didn't seem too early, so I put my feet into my little bunny slippers. Shuffling into the kitchen, I made myself some uneaded coffee, and sipped it slowly. Heading back to my room, I noticed two letters on the floor underneath the letterbox on the door. I picked them both up and discovered that one was adressed to me. Leaving the bills on the dining table, I went to my room for privacy to read the letter. Sitting comfy, I ripped open the envelope, and read the note with beautiful handwriting.

Elizabeth,
I still have not managed to get away. Aro was furious with me for letting you get away, but I was willing to take the punishment. I miss you so much. The feel of your beautiful presence in the room. Your long hair wrapped in my fingers. Your eyes glowing as they look into mine. Your smile, your laugh. The feel of your lips under mine. The feel of my body against mine. The way we fit together like clockwork. I've missed you so much. And as soon as I can, I will find you, no matter what. I need you. Without you I feel like someone has punched a hole through my heart. I don't know if you feel the same, but I know you care. However, I'm afraid that this is not a letter just to tell you how much I love you. You need to be careful. The Volturi was enraged when you left. Especially Alec and Aro. It felt like you were their secret weapon, found out by their enemies. Try to keep out of sight from everyone. And keep yourself a secret. There're coming for Liz, coming to get you back. And I'm coming too.
All my love,
Demitri.

Staring at the heart-filled words, I knew that I'd shed just one single tear...

So....Dusk is done!!! Dawn, the sequel, with be up soon!!!