Greetings and, Renesmee?

I

left my home slightly more confused than when I went in. Uncle Charlie had spoken about Bella being different...because of the Cullens. I knew that Bella had changed slightly between meeting Edward and stopping writing letters, but I didn't know it was as bad as Charlie made it out to be. I wondered what the hell could have happened to her...but I bet myself that it was something to do with Edward and the Cullens.

I looked down at the crumpled paper in my hand.

A long way to walk from here. I thought.

Oh well. I sighed. And looked into the sky. It was a dim blue colour, with clouds spotted all over. If I remembered my Science lessons properly, and about telling the weather, I would be OK. It didn't look like it was going to rain. And it was only two o'clock. I would make it there and back to my house before half past six. I took a deep breath and set off to the Cullen's nest.

***

I stared at the building that loomed over me. It was very glamourous. And looked very expensive. Wooden pannels, bright white walls, large expanse of green land. A garage and long winding drive. And there was so many windows. It looked filled with light. My trainers made the gravel off the drive crunch under my feet as I slowly walked towards the door. I braced myself for the hundreth time and knocked on the door. It was opened by a short, spunky girl with brown hair that was cropped shortly.

"Hello! Can I help you?" She asked in a cheery, chime-like voice.

"Yes, actually. I'm here to see Bella."

"Bella? Oh! Just a moment, I'll get her. I'm Alice by the way. And who shall I say you are?"

"Tell her an old friend is here."

"OK. Back in a second." She babbled. One moment she was there, the next she was gone.

Ok, then. What a weirdo. However, she reminded me of my friend, Sian. Oh, how I missed her already.

After waiting for several minutes, I was about to leave. When a new figure appeared at the doorway. She looked slightly familiar, with long brown hair, and a sweet smile. But the warm brown eyes were gone. Replaced with an eerie gold colour. And her usually pale skin shone with a unusual glimmer. She wore expensive looking clothes, and, overall, looked somehow...cold.

"Bella?" I questioned.

She looked me up and down. "Yes. And you are?"

"You don't recognise me? You bitch, you don't recongnise me!" I shouted at her, appalled.

Taken aback, she glared at me. "Excuse me? Look if you're just going to shout insults at me, then-"

"No! I mean...it's me! Elizabeth."

"Lizzie? You're not serious! You've changed so much!"

"You're one to talk! Look at you! When did you get so sexy?" I giggled. Bella shoved me.

"Shut up. After three years you haven't changed. Do you want to come in? There's only me, Edward, Alice and Renesmee inside."

"Sure, but who's Renesmee?" I questioned.

"I'll tell you inside. It looks like it's going to rain." She said, looking up into the sky. It looked like my weather prediction skills were very bad.

I followed her into what appeared to be some sort of living room. Surrounded by those open windows. Except that it was too grand to describe. The only thing that was easy to pick out was a large grand piano. A young male sat on one of the sofa's. He had golden brown hair. Edward. Personally I didn't think he was as handsome as Bella descibed. However, I was quite drawn to him. And yes, he was attractive, but the fact that I had such loathing for him did not make him appealing

I noticed his eyes were the exact same colour as Bella's and the other girl's. Liquid gold. I shook off the strange thought. On another chair sat the crazy girl. Alice, I think. I looked over at Edward again. He was frowning. Good. Nice to see you as miserable as I was when Bella didn't speak to me. Stupid, no good for nothing bastard. Anger bubbled inside me. I felt like a kettle about to boil. Bella sat down, and patted the space next to her. I slowly sat down and waited in uncomftorble silence.

"Alice, I think you have already met Elizabeth, my cousin. Edward, this my cousin. "

"Nice to meet you Elizabeth. Bella has told me lots about you." He greeted. I just smiled through gritted teeth.

That's funny. You didn't invite me to your stupid wedding.

"Nice to meet you too. Same here. She mentioned you alot in her letters." I said. Trying not to sound rude.

"So, Liz. What are you doing here?" Bella asked, quite intent.

"As of two days ago, I live here. Your dad pursuaded me and my mum to come here. So he could help with her problems, if you know what I mean. And before you ask. No, she's getting worse." I said looking towards my feet.

"Oh, Liz. I don't know how you delt with it." Bella said.

I was angry. Angry at my mother, at Bella, and at Edward. "Yeah, well. You wouldn't, would you Bella? Since you forgot to talk to me for a whole year!" I exclamed, standing up with so much force, that I surprised myself.

"Liz! Do you want to speak in private?" She asked shocked.

"No! Your stupid husband can listen too! Oh, and thanks, again, for inviting me to the wedding! Ever since you met him, we've drifted apart! And you expect me to welcome him with open arms! You're unbelievable!" I yelled. It just kept bubbling over.

"No. You're unbelievable! Look, whatever problems you have with Edward are unimportant! I understand your upset, but I've been upset too."

"Have you been beaten up by your mother? Forced to drink down a whole bottle of vodka? Lived in fear that the only proper family you have will die before your sixteenth birthday? No! You haven't! Because you've been here shagging Mr Cullen over there!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face. Before I could even blink Bella's palm had connected with my cheek. The pain was excruciating. My cheek throbbed. It burned, and I thought my jaw was dislocated.

Shocked, I ran outside, into the pouring rain. I didn't care, it blocked my tears. I tried to run, but slipped on some mud. Before I could fall however, someone steadied me. I looked up. A boy of around sixteen held me upright. He had short black hair, and half-cast skin. I felt embaressed since he wore nothing on his chest, and only a pair of denim shorts on his bottom-half. On his face he wore a big cheesy grin.

"Hello. You okay? What you doing out here?" He asked. When I didn't answer the grin disapeared. "What did they do to you? Are you hurt? Did she bite you?" He grabbed my arms tightly, shaking me.

"Bite me? What the hell are you talking about? Are you crazy, just like that Alice girl? And who are you? Another one of them Cullens, are you? Well I tell you what, go tell Bella and that fucking Edward to go fuck themselves!"

"Haha! I like you already! I'm Jacob. You can call me Jake. And you are?"

"Elizabeth, Liz. Look, what do you want? I want to go. And can you let go of me. Please!" I exclamed. Slowly, he released my arms.

"Just want to know what you're doing here, that's all. And if you want I'll go back in with you."

"I came to see my cousin, Bella. But after what I just said, I don't think she'll want to see me."

"What did you say to her?"

"Well, there was alot of shouting, my last words were 'Because you've been here shagging Mr Cullen over there!' And then I got a slap. Which really hurt by the way. So you work it out from there."

"Ha. Guess she deserved that. C'mon, Renesmee will talk some sense into her."

"Renesmee, again! Who the hell is she?"

"You'll see." He said, heading off to the house.

"ARGGGHHH!" I moaned.