Chapter 9

On my way to my house, I noticed a black SUV following me. I made a right turn. It was still there. I made a left turn. It was still there.

I decided to stop at the gas station and here again it was behind me. I got out of the car and went into the gas station and bought a pack of gum. Walking out I headed straight for the SUV. But before I can reach the front the door, he sped off.

I got back in my car and decided to follow him, but he was no where in sight. I decided to go home.

Once I pulled up in front of my house I saw Karen sitting on my doorstep.

Here we go.

I walked up to Karen and said,

"You just don't get it do you? Even when I beg you to leave me alone, you just keep running back. Why?! Why are you here. You took him away from me and now you want to come back and 'tell me what happened'?! I don't care what happened!" At this point I was livid.

Karen stood up and walked towards me.

She stared straight into my eyes.

"You better be lucky you're my cousin girl, or you would have been with him. Keep talking and I'll show you better than I can tell you." I looked into her eyes and what I saw was not Karen, all I saw was anger.

After standing there for a few more seconds... She walked away.

Was she walking home?

Something just isn't right. I have to figure this out.