Chapter 21

Olivia's POV

After my dream talk with Elias, I woke up the next morning with a plan. I had to distract Julius enough today so he didn't suspect a thing. I was ready to leave here. I made sure Jonah was still asleep before I headed for the shower. I just needed to make sure to get the blade away from Julius, but he kept it in his room. The downside to getting it is that when it isn't in his room, it's on him. I had to get him to bring me into his room, so I could steal it, but how? Then an idea hit me. I could have Jonah accidentally stumble into his room, that way, when I go find him, I have a reason to go in. I will leave the door that connects the two rooms slightly open and we will play hide and seek, he loves that game, and his secret hiding spot is amazing. I'm the only other person who knows where to find him. I think it's the perfect place for him to go when it's time, so he doesn't get hurt.

After my shower, I got dressed in the normal dresses Julius had me wear. They were all floral and stopped just above my knees. I hated them but never complained it was either wear these or nothing at all which Julius himself told me. I don't feel comfortable with the idea of walking around half-naked around him. 

I would wait until Julius is out of his room, the last thing I need is for him to be there when I get the blade. I looked at the time, it was 4 a.m. Which meant it was breakfast time for Julius. I dreaded this every day. He never got tired of draining me and making me feel weak. I kissed Jonah's sleeping cheek and headed downstairs. There he sat in the kitchen waiting as he always did.

"You're late," he said 

"By like 3 minutes," I stated 

"You know what happens when you're late Darling," he said I stepped back from him trying to leave, but he used his vampire speed and was in front of me when I turned around. I yelled because he had scared me. He grabbed me and pinned me against the wall, his fangs biting into my neck. I screamed at the pain. He always did this when I was late, he would inject his venom into me as he kept feeding. It went on for what seemed like forever before he stopped. He left his fang marks on me. "Running makes the pain worse for you darling, you know that. He moved away from me, and I held on to the wall for support. I stood there until I gained some strength back. He had already left the room. He had left some of his venoms in me, so I was now weak, but I could still fight back if I needed. I got to work and started cleaning, it would be a while before Jonah woke up, so I made him a snack before I finished. 

When I was done, I grabbed the snack I made Jonah and headed upstairs. As if on cue, he woke up right as I walked into the room. He sleepily raised his hands up for me to pick him up. I grabbed him and headed for the bathroom. I brushed his teeth and gave him a bath before giving him his food.

"Mama, I wanna go home," he said sadly

"Baby, we will go home soon I promise," I told him

"Okay, you pinky promise," he said, holding out his pinky. I hooked mine with him, and pinky promised him. He smiled. 

"How about we play hide and seek," I suggested he smiled.

"Yeah," he said 

"Okay, but you can't hide where you always do, you have to hide in a new place, but you can't leave the room okay," I said he nodded, and we played. I counted to ten and went to go find him. As I suspected, he went to hide in Julius' room. I walked in, he wasn't hiding in plain sight. I heard little giggles coming from under the bed, but I went looking all around trying to find him, and the blade. I couldn't find it anywhere. I opened all the drawers and looked everywhere. I heard him down the hallway, and we needed to be out of here. I got on my knees and went to the bed. I heard him giggle again. "I think you're under here," I said. I slowly pulled up the bed sheet and said boo to him. He laughed. I pulled him out. Julius was now at the door he opened.

"What the hell do you think you are doing in here?" He asked. Jonah hides behind me gripping my legs tightly. He was scared of Julius. 

"Nothing, we were just playing a game that's all," I said as he walked up to me.

"What does my room have to do with your game?" he asked me

"It was hide and seek, he was just hiding. I promise we didn't touch anything." I said to him. He grabbed me by the hair pulling hard. 

"Do you think I'm stupid?" He asked I shook my head

"No, I don't think that," I said. He pulled Jonah away from me and rushed over to the window. He held Jonah out of the window, only holding him by his left ankle. Jonah was crying and yelling for my help.

"Let me ask you again, and if you lie, I will drop your son to his death. What are you doing in my room." He asked.

"Please, just put him down. He didn't do anything. I swear we were just playing a game. I swear." I said tears in my eyes. He lowered Jonah and Jonah cried harder. "Please just put him down. Please." I pleaded with him.

"Then answer my question. Your son didn't just come in here himself, he can barely open a door, meaning you did it for him, and are trying to play this hide and seek game as a ploy. Tell me now or I drop him." he said for the last time.

"Please, I told you the truth-" I started saying, he let Jonah slip, now holding him by the edge of his pants. "Okay, I wanted to find the demon blade. I swear that's the truth." I said, he pulled Jonah back in and held him. Jonah was now crying hard, and it broke my heart. My tears also fell down.

"Here I thought we were starting to get along, and you try to get the one weapon you know can hurt me. I guess your son's life means nothing to you," he said. He knocked Jonah out and threw him on the bed. Jonah's head was bleeding. I tried to go to him, but he sped to me and pushed me against the wall.

"You see, I won't kill him, or you, but I sure as hell will hurt you, so much you will think twice before trying to find this again," he said holding up the demon blade. He stabbed me right into the stomach with the blade, it was excruciating pain. I cried out, but he slapped me and told me to be quiet. "Don't worry, you won't die, but you will wish I killed you," he said as he knocked me out.