Chapter 9

--Olivia's POV--

When we got to the hospital, I could tell that it wasn't a normal hospital. I asked Rose and she told me it was a hospital for supernatural beings to go to without the risk of being caught. When we got here they rushed me into a room. The pain was unbearable now. I didn't understand what was happening. Elias showed up a few minutes after we did. He was currently holding my hand. 

"By the looks of it, it's not good. We have to get this baby out now, or it could kill both of you."The doctor said. 

"But it's so soon. Won't the baby be at risk for being born this early?" Elias asked. the doctor nodded.

"It is soon, but as I said it's better for this baby to be born now. The pain she is feeling, it's not uncommon. It means someone doesn't want you to have this baby and is using a witch to hex you. They are trying to make you lose the baby. If we don't deliver it now, I'm afraid it will kill both of you, but there is also a risk to your life if we do." She said tears were running down my face. Someone was doing this to me. I cried out in pain when it hit. 

"Let's just have this baby okay. It hurts so much." I said. The doctor nodded. Everyone stayed with me while I was in labor. It was the most painful thing I ever felt. Both Rose and Elias were holding my hands. I was squeezing their hands for dear life. I yelled as I pushed for the hundredth time.  I was exhausted, but this baby wasn't here yet. I don't know how much time had passed, but I knew that we were in this delivery room for a long time.

"Okay Olivia, I need you to give me one more really big push okay. I know you're exhausted, but just one more. The baby is almost there. Just one more okay." She said. I nodded and put everything I could into it. I cried out in so much pain. I gave it my all, I kept pushing until I heard the doctor say I had done it. But they didn't hand me the baby. They took it away just after it was born.

"What's wrong with the baby?" I asked the doctor. She looked at me with sad eyes. "Please tell me my baby is okay," 

"The baby wasn't breathing when it was born, but there are no worries, we are working on it as we speak. It's a beautiful baby boy. We will not stop until he is okay. You need to rest. You had to do so much. I'll wake you up if anything there is any more information." The doctor said she walked away.

"He can't die. Please dear god don't let him die. He is everything to me." I said to myself. Rose sat next to me and held me. I stayed in her arms till I fell asleep. I was afraid before that if I fell asleep and woke up he would be gone. I didn't know how long I was asleep for, but I was woken up but someone. I looked up and saw the doctor. she smiled at me and nodded towards a small incubator next to me. My baby boy was sleeping there.  I couldn't stop the tears. 

"He's okay, but he needs a little help breathing for a few weeks. We have to keep him in there till he is okay, but you can still touch him. You may not be able to hold him for a while." The doctor said. I smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you so much for saving him. Thank you so much. I don't mind if I can't hold him, I just care that he's okay. You saved him that's all that matters." I said I walked up to him and looked at him. He didn't look so good, but he was alive and that's all that mattered. I reached in and touched him. I smiled. Everyone came and stood around him. 

"He's got your nose," Rose said I laughed. "He's perfect now, isn't he. Little Jonah," she said I smiled I had almost forgotten his name.

"My little Jonah. I may not be able to hold you, but I will always be here." I said I felt a little lightheaded, so Elias had to help me get back to the bed. 

"Your body is exhausted. I had a witch friend of mine do a spell and it took the hex away. We couldn't find who placed it on you, but I will make sure we do. They won't get away with this, not if I have anything to do with it." He said I smiled.

"How about you calm down for now, and enjoy that beautiful creature sleeping over there," I said he smiled. "We will get who did this once he is home safe with us, for now, he is our priority. Okay" I said they all nodded. I could tell this baby was going to change all of our lives. He was a miracle, but also our hope. 

"Anyone else hungry?" Alex asked. We all laughed. I nodded I was very hungry. He and Rose went out to get some food for us. It was just me and Elias now. I laid in bed and stared at him. I know it's weird but he didn't seem to mind.

"What's on your mind Liv?" he asked. 

"I was just thinking of the baby's father. I mean He didn't want us, but I also feel like I'm keeping his son away from him. I feel like he not worth the baby's time since he didn't want to be a part of it in the first place." I said he laughed.

"Look, I'm not telling you how to live your life, but I say it's maybe for the best to not tell him about this baby. I'm not saying all the baby's life but till your ready. He also deserves to at least get to know his son. I know if I had a child out there I would like to know about him or her. But you don't have to think about it now. Just worry about that little wolf over there." I smiled. He was right, I still had time to think this over, and it's not like I was going to keep Jonah from his father forever. I just didn't want to go through the past. Matthew was my past, but I felt soon he would have to know about his son. I just needed to find out how I was going to tell him.