Chapter 12

--Olivia's POV--

We've been driving for hours now. I didn't know where we were driving to exactly, but I knew it was somewhere safer than here. Everyone was quiet. We were all healing from what went down back there. Jonah slept the whole ride. He did almost get kidnapped by a psychotic vampire after all. He cried for hours before I finally calmed him down and got him to sleep. He had a bad scare, and I never wanted him to go through that again. 

I was sleepy, so I decided to rest while we were driving. I felt the destination wasn't really close. I thought I would get some peace while I was asleep, but the nightmare that hit me was not fun. It was about my past when I lived with my foster family, the Hunters. I haven't had any nightmares in years since I left them. I had the feeling Julius had a part to play. I had never been so scared in my life again. He was a new nightmare.

I must have been talking or yelling in my sleep because Rose woke me up. 

"Hey, you okay? You were screaming in your sleep."  I looked at her confused, then shook it off

"Yeah sorry. I just had a bad dream that's all." I told her she shook her head. I looked out the window and saw that we had stopped. "Where are we?" I asked her. The boys weren't in the car.

"A couple of minutes away from entering South Carolina. Elias has got a house up here near the beach."  I nodded. I didn't even realize we had driven that far. We were just in Arizona not long ago. I guess it was time to say goodbye to it. At least now my baby would be safe to grow up and live. 

"Where did the boys go?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded out the window. They were sitting at the edge of a cliff talking. I nodded.

"They are talking about business stuff. I was eavesdropping a couple of minutes ago, and it got boring. We are going to go stop for supplies soon. I got a feeling his bachelor pad doesn't have the same things the house did. So we are going to take over and make it into a safe home for a family, cause that's what we are. Plus I get the feeling this baby is gonna be a little hazard. So we gotta babyproof everything since we are near the beach." She said I laughed. She was right though, South Carolina was going to be our new home, this was where my little wolf cub was going to grow up.

 We got back on the road and headed over to the supermarket. Once inside the boys went and grabbed the household items we would need, which Rose wrote down for them on a list, and she and I along with baby Jonah went and bought the food and other stuff. We basically bought everything. Rose was obsessive about making sure to buy enough of everything. She was an extreme cook so I understood. We also bought lots of baby food and other baby stuff. I was going to buy baby formula, but Rose discouraged me and told me breastfeeding the baby was the best for it. So instead we bought a breast pump. It would come in useful, seeing as I did need it. I was ruining a lot of shirts. 

We all met back up at the car, each of us with a cartful of many things. We loaded them up and headed out.  it was going to be another long car ride since the house was on the other side of the state. I watched as the scenery passed by. A thought dawned on me, I was going to be an official adult tomorrow. I finally turned eighteen, and the universe has a funny way of working. I turn eighteen and am on the run magically hidden from a crazy vampire who I was sold to before I was even created. Isn't that just great? I laughed to myself. Elias noticed. 

"What's so funny Liv?" He asked me I looked at him.

"Oh nothing, I'm just laughing at the fact that I turn eighteen tomorrow and have to be on the run." 

"Wait it's your birthday?" Alex asked. 

"Tomorrow," I answered.

"My baby is finally an adult." He said. I laughed. 

"You're such an idiot," I said still laughing we all laughed.

"Happy birthday Liv. I know it's not the best time, but you should be happy." Elias said. I smiled. the drive wasn't as quiet after. We had a stupid conversation the whole ride. We talked about the most random of things. Like Alex brought up birds, and he and Rose talked about them for hours bringing up random species of them that even I never heard of, and somehow that turned into a conversation about breakfast. It was nice to just breathe and have a laugh and just forget about what went on today.

We arrived around 11'o'clock to midnightish. Jonha was still sound asleep. We decided that we were all too tired to haul anything, so we would do it all in the morning. The house was very beautiful. We were hidden well, which was great seeing as we were supernatural beings and needed some cover so neighbors didn't come and ask why we had wolves lurking around. I could see myself living here and raising my son with the people I call family. It didn't seem like home yet, but it would soon.

Surprisingly the house was already furnished even though Elias never used it. It had room for not only us but also like four other people. I took Jonah in and placed him in the middle of the bed. I placed pillows on both sides of him and laid down next to him. I let his breathing calm me down till I fell asleep. It was only temporary till we got his crib built, but I liked sleeping with him close it made me feel happy. This was our new home, where we would be safe. 

-----Yeah so sorry for the long wait on this chapter. (If you are reading this after it is all published don't worry about that part.) I hope you guys and gals liked it. Comment anything about the story you liked or didn't. Also, thank you all for getting this book to where it is now. I love you all.-----

                                                                                            ~Kinghaawaaii