Chapter 6

"Hey! Hey! Hold on Miss!" I heard someone yell. I opened the car door and turned around to see who was calling me.

The chocolate specimen.

He couldn't be talking to me, but before I could dismiss that thought he continued to walk my way.

Once he reached my car door, I looked up at him and he looked down at me. He had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. I begin to squirm and my knees were getting weak.
This man is doing damage to me.

"Yes?" I asked. Furrowing my brows together.

"Hi, My name is Dexter. I was coming over to introduce myself." He said as he held his hand out and gave me the brightest smile.

"Uh, Hi Dexter my name is uh. My name is uh, Sharen."
How could I forget my name? What's wrong with me?

He chuckled and then said, "Hi, Sharen."

"Hi." I responded.

The next few seconds was an awkward silence.

"I'd better go. It was nice meeting you Dexter." I said as I begin to get back in my car.

"Wait, I wanted to know if I can take you out sometime?" He asked.

Wow, he's very forward.

"Oh. Oh no. I don't think that's a good idea." I said as I begin to shake my head.

"Why? I won't bite." He said with a bright smile.

"I'm sure you wont. Thanks but no thanks I'm not interested." I replied.

I closed my car door, started the ignition and drove off.

I looked in my rear view mirror and almost turned back around. Then I realized that's definitely not a good idea. Staying by myself is what I need.

I haven't been in a serious relationship in over 2 years and I want to keep it that way. My last relationship made me learn from my mistakes.

While listening to my music on the way home I felt my cell phone vibrate.

I briefly looked down at the screen and saw that the number was private. I decided to answer anyway.

"Hello?"

No answer.

"Hello?"

Still no answer.

I hung up coming to the conclusion that some kids were probably just playing on my phone. 5 minutes later I was pulling up to my house. I opened the door and went straight to the kitchen. I didn't realize I was this hungry. In the middle of eating my food, all of my problems came rushing back to me at once. But a knock at the door brought me out of my misery.
I thought I told this girl to leave me alone. Obviously she wants me to give her a beat down.

Instead of looking through the peephole, I opened the door. But instead of seeing Karen, I was looking in the face of Channy.