the man with two faces

"Of course, we never thought to think you would try to steal the stone," I said.

"Yes, and I can't tell you how happy I am that you two are here." Professor Quirrell said calmly.

"But I thought --- Snape--" my brother stuttered.

Quirrell laughed coldly. "Yes, Severus does seem the type, doesn't he? So useful to swooping around like an overgrown bat. Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell?"

"You tried to kill my brother during his first game," I said more to myself than to him.

"I would have succeeded if Snape wasn't muttering his little counter curse."

"Snape was trying to save me?" My brother looked bewildered. 

"Of course," said Quirrell coolly. "Why do you think he wanted to referee your next match? He was trying to make sure I didn't try to do it to his little Magnolia. I think he favors you. Makes sense considering his past with your mother. You look much like her you know? Too bad I'm going to kill both of you tonight. I wouldn't have to do this if it wasn't for you two scurrying around school on Halloween. At first, I thought you saw me so I had tried to kill you so many times before--"

"You let the troll in?" My brother and I yelled.

"Certainly. Unfortunately, while everyone else was running around looking for it, Snape, who already suspected me, went straight to the third floor to head me off--- and not only did my troll fail to beat you to death, that three-headed dog didn't even manage to bite Snape's leg off properly." He turned towards the mirror "This mirror is the key to finding the Stone," Quirrell murmured, pointing at the mirror. "Trust Dumbledore to come up with something like this . . .  but he's in London . . . I'll be far away by the time he gets back...."

My mind was racing I needed a plan Harry and I have to do something.

"I see the Stone.... I'm presenting it to my master....but where is it?"

My brother my brilliant awesome brother knew what he had to do. "But Snape always seemed to hate me so much." That's it Harry keep him distracted. Surely someone has heard the noise we've been making and will be here soon.

"Oh, he does," said Quirrell casually, "heavens yes. He was at Hogwarts with your father, didn't you know? They loathed each other. But he never wanted you dead."

My mind was racing.
What I want more than anything else in the world at the moment  I thought to myself, is to find the Stone before Quirrell does. So if I look in the mirror, I should see myself finding it -- which means I'll see where its hidden!

"What does this mirror do? How does it work? Help me, master!"

I held Harry's hand as tight as I could when I heard a voice answered from Quirrell himself.
"Use the children .... Use the children...."

Quirrell turned to face Harry and I.
"Come here Potters!" We slowly walked towards Quirrell. "What do you see?" Quirrell asked eagerly.

At first I could only see our reflection in the mirror, my reflection was pale but I had a brave face on I looked at  Harry who looked wild. Thats when I saw what our relflexions were doing that we were not. They were smiling. Harry's reflection was holding something in its hand, a blood-red stone. It winked and put the Stone in it's right pocket.  Harry and I looked at each other. Harry patted his right pocket lightly that's when I realised that he had the Stone.

"Well?" Asked Quirrell impatiently. "What do you see?"

"I see ourselves shaking hands with Dumbledore," my brother lied.