The Vanishing Glass

"We love you so much, Maggie." A woman's voice said.
"Who's there?" I asked.
"You must be strong Princess" a mans voice said
"Mom?  Dad?" I called out.

"Maggie, Magnolia wake up!" I heard my brother call my name. 

I woke up and saw my brother leaning over me.
"It was another dream" I told him. This isn't the first dream I've had about my mom and dad. How do you dream of people you have never met before?

"You kept mumbling" My brother said. Being my twin it is almost impossible to lie to him, luckily I am a fantastic liar.

I smiled at him "Harry I'm fine, really." 

"Up! Up! Get up now!" We heard our aunt pound on the door. 

"Correction, I was ok" I said rolling my eyes. He chuckled.
My brother and I stayed in a small closet under the stairs, a curtain was the only thing that separated us when we got dressed.

"Well it's about time you got up."our aunt scolded at us. 

"Well we had SO many outfits to choose from and we just couldn't decide what to wear." I said smirking.  Our aunt and uncle only give us our cousins old clothes which are way to big.  We basicly only have 5 shirts for both of us. Luckily I have a tanktop under all the shirts but Harry isn't so lucky and constantly has to pull his shirt up. My aunt didn't even look at me. That's not new. She never looks at me. 

"Just brush your hair you stupid little girl," was all she said. 

 I went upstairs  to the bathroom and brushed my soft, shoulder length red hair.  I brushed my teeth also. I was about to go down stairs when someone pushed me out of the way and yelled "You're too slow cousin." It  was Dudley my pig of a cousin. He's the fattest guy ever. He's always punching Harry and is always pulling my hair. I went downstairs and saw Harry putting more Scotch tape on his glasses. Dudley must of broke them again. I wanted to punch Dudley but I knew my brother would get in just as much trouble as me. I looked at the back of my  right wrist.  The lightning shaped scar stared back at me, my brother bared the same scar on his forhead. I tried to imagine how a car wreck would cause such an odd scar to stay with my brother and me.

 I took a deep breath and walked over to my brother. "I'll make the bacon," I told him.

"Ok,  I'll make the eggs I guess," said Harry.

After breakfast Dudley went to the living room to count his presents. Wish I got presents on my birthday. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Thirty-six! That's two less then last year!" Dudley went red in the face. I looker over at Harry. We were both thinking the same thing: Tantrum time. 

"Maybe the twenty pieces of bacon you had for breakfast will make up for the lack of $100 presents," I said gripping the leftover bacon plate. Five pieces to split between me and Harry.

Dudley waddled over and ate every last piece of bacon on the plate. "Hey!  That was our bacon! " I yelled at Dudley.
He just smiled 

"Shut up you stupid girl." Uncle Vernon pointed his fat finger at me and looked me dead in the eye. Unlike Aunt Petunia he wasn't afraid to look me in the eye. "Don't worry son," Uncle Vernon said. "How about we take you to the zoo and we buy you presents there." 

"Guess we're going to Mrs. 'I have too many cat pictures but not enough cats' Figgs."  Harry chuckled at that.
The phone rang and when Aunt Petunia answered it her smile changed to a frown. 

"Bad news Vernon, Mrs. Figgs broke her leg. So she can't watch them." Aunt Petunia pointed to the two of us.
I looked at Harry. He knew exactly what I was thinking.