Chapter 18: Moving Up Ranks

(Unedited)

[Raielle]

Now red, blotchy, tear-rimmed eyes stared back at me. Watery streaks falling down my dull face. I tried to smooth my chaotic hair and wiped the tears from my cheeks which were now blotchy and mottled to look presentable for the day. "You can't keep crying over a man that doesn't want you Raielle, you are much better than that. Stop crying and move on. He doesn't deserve your tears." I coached myself. With a large breath I walked out the bathroom and into the room I've been stuck in for the past twelve days. I blindly motioned my skin and put on some clothes.

I looked in the darkness of the room at the clock to see 5:20 glowing on digital clock. I scoffed. My body was already woken and ready to start my daily exercise, like it had been doing for the past week. Fuck him and exercise and his sexy ass body and face and voice and dick and ughh... fuck his everything. I groaned as I threw myself back down on the bed. Unfortunately, I still wanted him. Nothing but him circulated my mind and it was getting frustrating. Little things like making breakfast or just lying in bed alone made me think of him. Even looking at the garden since he loved to eat grass so much. I laid in bed letting all our short time spent together play in my head. I knew if I ever met him again I would forgive in a heart beat.

"Why are you groaning and shit so early in the morning?" Kat quizzed walking into the room. I turned over to see 9:45 am. It wasn't that early .

She walked over to the curtains and pulled them open making natural light flood the room. I blinked a couple times trying to adjust my eyes. "I couldn't sleep." I answered.

She sighed, sitting next to me. "Is it that guy you've yet to tell me about?" She questioned, rubbing my back lovingly. I nodded. "It's going to get better soon."

"I don't want it to." I grumbled  Although stupid, I was still convincing myself that something must have happened for him to randomly dump me when things were starting to pick up.

She scoffed. "You've been glued to your room staring at a single message, before bursting out in tears for two straight weeks. It's getting ridiculous." She chided, lightly slapping my back.

"I can't stop thinking about him." I mumbled into the pillow.

She kissed teeth. "Well lucky for you because I got us another mission, so that should keep your mind busy for a few hours."

My head lifted off the pillow. "Illegal or legal?" She looked at me with a mischievous smile. I nodded in understanding. "I'll get the gloves and guns."

She gasped in shock. "Usually I would have to spend an hour or two begging you to do a scheme with me, after describing every detail to you. But now your agreeing before I even tell u a thing." She said in awe. "What has this man done to you?"

He's done a lot to me. "Are we going or not?" I said flatly. I was ready to get busy and focus my mind on something else for as long as I could.

"We are but you still haven't told me what's wrong." She badgered poking me in my ribs. It was long overdue to tell her want happened but I was trying to repressed every thing that happened..... and I was failing miserably.

I squealed mobimg away from her. "Later." I promised.

"Yeah yeah." She demmured, hearing the same later for weeks staright but never getting the story. "About the mission, I need yout to wear something sexy but not too revealing. Straighten you hair too. The men likes long silky hair apparently." I got off the bed and went to the closet, searching for clothes.

"What does this mission entail?" I asked excitedly. This is exactly what I needed  a distraction.

"We're going to the club." She began.