Chapter 12: Food Fight

(Unedited)

[Storm]

I looked up at the clock seeing it was 6'o'clock. We would usually be eating dinner by now, but Raielle insisted we watched another movie after the five we've watched this afternoon. "Should we start cooking?" I asked looking down at her. Her head was in my lap, staring immensely at the TV, like she wanted to dive into the screen. I was hungry, but she was fine due to all the junk she was munching on today. Two packs of hot Doritoes and a large pack of double stuffed Oreos. Disgusting.

She placed her finger on my lips. "Yeah, yeah in a minute, the movie is almost finished." She demurred, not taking her eyes of the screen for a minute.

I rolled my eyes. We were twenty minuted into the movie. We were not going to finish soon. "You've watched Avatar three times this week, I'm positive you won't miss anything if you stop now." I said grabbing her face to look at me, but her eyes still fought to the corners trying to glimpse of the movie. Avatars wasn't even a good movie. I didn't see why she loved it so much, but I could never say that to her. I'm hundred percent sure she'd try to stiffle me in my sleep.

I got off the chair, replacing my leg with on of the fluffy cushions. I stood in front of her blocking her view of the television. She shifted her body to look behind me. I stepped to the right to cut off her view again. "Storm! Move!" She screamed, when I scooped her up and placed her on my shoulder. I loved picking her up, she was so light. "Put me down! I promise I'll cook when it's finished." She begged, pounding on my healing back.

I ignored her and made my way the the kitchen. "What are we making first?" I asked, setting her down on the island. I lightly squeezed her bare thighs as she stared at the living room longingly. She tried to jump off the counter to make a run for the leaving room but I held her right I place.

She pouted, sad about being taking away from her TV. "You didn't even pau-"

"Its on the smart box you can go back and forward as much as you want." I deflected, her useless argument.

"But that's going to take a long time." She whined. I gave a hardened glared making her huff in defeat. She sighed in an exasperated manner. "Fine, were making chicken and shrimp alfredo." She mumbled.

"Let's get started then." I lifted her down the kitchen island and onto the floor. She went into the filled cupboards and fridge to get all the ingredients and places them on the counter.

"Can you cut up the peppers, onions and garlic into small cubes, while I clean the shrimps, chicken and get the fettuccine ready." She asked, placing the ingredients, knife and chopping boards in front of me. I nodded doing what I was told. When I was finished the task, she took them and placed them on a pre heated pan. Not knowing how to cook the alfredo, she told me that I could just sit down or find something that I had to do.

"I can go finish watch Avatar." I joked, wanting to see her reaction.

She glared at me. "If you watch it without me I'm going to make us watch it again from start to finish. Twice." She threatened.

I put my hand up in surrender. "I was just joking." Not having anything of immeditae importance to do, I decided to just stay in the kitchen until she's finished. Demyan was taking care of all the underground mafia business and the legal enterprises, so I was free to do nothing. He liked putting the world on his shoulders and stressing so I let him. If he really needed me to help out he would ask. If I answered the phone that is.