Chapter 1: A Regular Day? I Think Not. (1)

"...can't stop this feeling, I want to see you so badly.

Why is it like this? I still can't understand..."

The foreign music played on through your headphones while you slightly bopped your head to the sound of the soft beat accompanying the lovestruck boy's heartfelt song.

"Why are you so cute!" You groan with a wide grin as the fictional boy concludes his confession by requesting that the Player come see him again. "Seriously..." You fan your face a bit to try and get rid of the pesky blush creeping onto your cheeks, it was way too hot out for that sort of thing even with the occasional breeze that floated by.

If it wasn't made clear already you were currently relaxing on the small porch of the apartment you lived at. Due to your fan finally giving up on life you had decided it was better to go outside for the first time in a long while to get some fresh air instead of suffering inside the oven that was your home.

"*Beep* *Beep*" An annoying sound interrupts the music that had replaced your favorite character's song. Startled, you turn your phone on to figure out what was wrong with it, strangely enough, it was fine although the screen displayed a rather odd typed message. 'Do you want to start? -Yes -No'

Immediately you look for the X button that usually was displayed on the screen if you got an ad or pop-up though you were unable to find it. "Want to start what?" You question aloud in confusion seeing as how the message wasn't very descriptive in what exactly it was trying to get you to do. Obviously not getting an answer, you decide to just go with yes to see what would happen.

"L/n* Y/n*-san*. The game to decide your future has started." A woman's voice said, causing you to jump in surprise.

* L/n means Last name and Y/n means Your name. Oh and San is used as a title of respect typically used between equals of any age. Also the honorifics "Mr.", "Miss", "Ms.", or "Mrs.", -san is almost universally added to a person's name; -san can be used in formal and informal contexts and for both genders.

"What? My future? Who are you?" You ask, concerned but mostly confused about how she knew your name and your supposed 'future'.

"Please take the train from Jiyugaoka Station to Shibuya at 17:45." The voice directs.

"Uh... how about no? I mean do you really think I'm just gonna go wherever a random stranger wants just because they say it's a game? I'm that not stupid, you could easily harm or kidnap me." You logically state.

"Your destiny awaits you. All will become clear within time." She calmly replies.

Your brows furrow at her response. "Whaaat? You're so confusing! How do I know that this isn't some elaborate scam or trap?" You inquire, suspicious of the mysterious woman who wouldn't even tell you her name. "Like you keep on tellin' me things but not answering what I want to know. Why should I listen to you?"

"It is your future." She simply said.

"My future...?" You take a minute to wonder if the random lady could really know what was in store for you.

"Yes. You're an important key in the lives of others, L/n Y/n-san." She answered as if knowing those words would have an effect on you.

Important... I'm... important? "*Sigh*...Jiyugaoka Station, then Shibuya... That's where I'm supposed to go for my supposed 'future', right?" You queried in defeat, already knowing the answer. "Well... I guess I'll be an idiot and see for myself this future you speak of..." The woman says no more before your screen returns to normal, bringing back your tunes and allowing you to check the time. ...It's five right now so that would probably be around five forty-five? I should leave a note for (Mom/Dad) telling (her/him) where I'm going just in case I get kidnapped or die...