~ Part 16 ~

Jenny was standing in Namjoon's office the next morning. Last night was so exhausting, crying all night with her mother by her side. The truth about her father's death and her parents' relationship hurt her heart. Namjoon asked Jenny and her mother to stay at the pack building because it was too late at night. They both slept in the guest floor on the 4th floor, Namjoon even gave them some kind of ID so they could walk freely around their building especially to the 9th and 10th floor where Omegas couldn't pass. It was time to know the truth about Seokjin and his friends, about werewolves.

Seokjin was standing next to Jenny, he could feel her nervousness and he wanted to calm her if needed. Namjoon as usual was standing behind his desk next to his chair, Yeri was sitting on it. Hoseok and Eunji were also present, they were sitting on the couch in the room. Yoongi wasn't there, they said he had to supervise some warrior practice. Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin had classes to go. Jenny didn't bother herself with classes today, a lot of things had to be cleared up.

Namjoon nodded at Jenny, he was ready to reveal all. "So, Jenny-ssi. What do you want to know first?"

"You said yesterday that I'm bound to be your family, what does that mean?" Jenny asked. Namjoon nodded, "It involves Seokjin so I better let him explain it to you." She turned body facing Seokjin. She saw Seokjin face fell a little before covered it with a smile, "You're my mate."

Jenny looked up at him, "What do you mean? What is 'mate'? My father mentioned it in his letter to my mother, saying she was his mate. Is it the same thing you're talking about right now?"

"Yes, it's the same thing," Seokjin began. "It basically means 'soulmate', someone our Moon Goddess had chosen for us. Werewolf usually paired with another werewolf, but sometimes human can be a werewolf's mate, it's a rare case like us and your parents."

Jenny looked around the room at the couples, "So, Namjoon and Yeri are mates? So are Hoseok and Eunji?" All of them nodded their heads. Jenny still couldn't believe her close friends were wereloves. She wasn't mad, she was just confused because a lot of things that came together at her and she didn't know which things she had to process in her head first.

"Is human mate a bad thing? Because apparently that was the reason my father got killed by a stronger pack." Jenny asked, remembering the letter her mother told her last night.

Namjoon took his time to answer, "It's actually not a bad thing, but our ancestors didn't trust human because there were a lot of werewolf hunters back in the 18th century. One of the Alpha who had a human mate was betrayed by her because she was one of the hunters. That's why packs all over the world made an unwritten rule about having a human mate."

"Okay, it's getting confusing." Jenny let out a huff. Seokjin could feel her distress, he hesitantly took her hand in his. He was afraid she would pull away from the hold but she didn't, she even tightened their hands together. Jenny looked at him with a smile, she felt a little bit relief after he hold her hand. Seokjin returned the smile at her. Jenny looked back at Namjoon, "What was the rule? I mean, was it really that cruel because the rule got my father killed." There was a small fire in her heart, the stupid rule was the reason her father dead.

Namjoon sighed, "The rule is 'if a werewolf had a human mate, they have to reject or even kill the mate and if they disobeyed, the said werewolf and their mates have to be killed by their Alpha or by the Alpha of stronger packs.'" Jenny's eyes widened, "That's so cruel! I mean, it's their own soulmate!"

"I know. When I heard the rule like that exist from my father, I opposed the idea. My father always said that as long as human didn't hurt us, we have to be kind. I mean, not all of humans are bad." Namjoon agreed with Jenny. She saw Yeri grabbed Namjoon's hand that rested on her shoulder. Namjoon gave her a sweet smile.