Chapter 26

I was falling in love with my new companion. After some time thinking we decided to call our new family member, Buddy! Cute name huh? Just the way I liked it. Henry hadn’t talked to me yet.  

I quickly got my floral bag from my desk and got downstairs with Buddy following my lead. I have to say he loves me and it’s only the beginning.

“Good morning! Whereas dad?” I asked searching for dad; he was the one who should be driving me to school.

“In his office. Hurry up because he has an important meeting today so he can’t be late.”

I poured some milk into the cereal bowl and ate it in a minute.

“Is Buddy a good sleeper?” Lee asked caressing him.

“Totally! We were so comfortable that we couldn’t get off bed this morning.” Forgot to tell you. Buddy is my new roommate. 

“Are you ready Scarlett?” dad came rushing up from the office.

“Yeah dad. Bye mum, Lee, Kate, Buddy and our baby boy! Love you!”

I entered in the passenger seat buckling my seatbelt.

“Honey, Greta called this morning saying if you wanted you could go and hang out with her at Petersfield.”

“I’d love to! I’d bring Buddy with me, he’ll have fun. But who’ll take me there?”

“She said that Charles will be happy to come.”

“Ok then, can you tell her that I’m available please?”

“Sure.”

As I entered school, I quickly got a glimpse of Daisy but then forgot we had the fight so I moved my way up to Taylor.

“Hey Tay.”

“Hey Scarlett. You didn’t talk to me this weekend.”

“I know. I’m massively sorry but I was very busy.”

“Doing what?” Should I tell him ‘bout Henry? Will it be a mistake? But, he’s not my boyfriend anymore so he can’t tell me who I hang out with.

“Umm….I had a date with a guy.”

“And who’s this guy?”

“Henry. Jamie’s brother.”

“Speaking of devil.”

I turned around noticing Jamie approaching me.

“I think we should be friends right?” she greeted me pulling her hand out so we can shake hands.

I was really surprised by her movement. “Umm….yeah? Did Henry tell you?”

“Yeah. Don’t worry; I’m not going to bite. I can’t cancel your love, could I? So, I’d like you to be my friend.”

“Well, sure!” She hugged me tightly. Did Henry make a miracle on her or what?!

As she walked away, Taylor faced me smiling.

“Why are you smiling?”

“Maybe because you’re friends with your enemy because you’ve had a date with her brother?”

“Incredible I know. But that’s the truth. It wasn’t just a date though, we kissed.”

“Well, things are getting complicated now. So? What other busy plans you had this weekend?”

We started heading to class. Literature.

“Fight with Daisy, got drunk and most of all got a new roommate!”