Chapter 5

Today is Friday, and guess what? I’m going out with Taylor. Yes, this day arrived and I can’t wait till 8:30pm ticks on the clock.

I got into a hot shower and after straightening my hair, I wore that high-waisted skirt along with that heart dotted button shirt with ballerina shoes that Daisy suggested me. I put some eye-liner and mascara. Then I grabbed my black side bag and put my HTC cell phone, eyeliner just in case and money in it.

“Mum, I’m going out.” I said to her as I went to greet her goodbyes in the kitchen.

She turned around and looked at me “Why did you dress so pretty tonight?”

“Umm…I’m just going out with some friends.” I winked at Lee as he was sitting in the couch. “Is dad here?”

“Yes, go and tell him you’re going.”

I went into the small office dad had in the house. It was small but very useful for dad so he could work at home instead in his office after work hours.

“Dad, I’m going ok?”

“Yeah, sure Scarlett. Don’t be late.”

“No, don’t worry ‘bout me. Love you!”

I slammed the door after me. We were going to meet up near the cinema as he doesn’t know where I live. 

“Hey Scarlett.” He greeted me as I arrived. “You look gorgeous in that outfit.”

“Thank you, you look great too!” He was wearing a blue button shirt with dark skinny jeans.

“So, what do you wanna see?” he asked me politely.

“Everything’s fine for me”

“Do you like romantic movies?”

“Yes, they’re my favorite genre”

“The Vow?”

“Yes, I saw the trailer, it seems pretty good!”

“Ok, then The Vow it is.”

In the story, when Paige woke up remembering nothing, a tear fell down from my eye. Then he noticed me and put his arms around my neck.

The film was ready at about 10.30pm. “Did you like it?” he asked me as we got out of the cinema.

“Yes, it was very emotional.”

“Yeah, I saw you crying more than one time.”

I blushed.

He changed the subject “What are we going to do?”

“Anything you want!”

“Wanna go and have a drink?”

“Fine for me.”

We went to the nearest bar and we sat on a table and started talking.

“Tell me something about you” he told me after we settled down.

“My name is Scarlett Baker, I’m 17 years old and I live here in London.”

“Your family?”

“I was adopted 10 years ago by the kind-hearted Baker family.”

“Sorry, I didn’t want to bring you memories.” He seemed to be shy a little now.

“No, it’s ok. They are my family now.”

“Have you ever tried to find them, your parents I mean?”

“Yes, but I don’t know where to begin actually.”

That usual cute smile lit his face “I can help you!”

He got me in a sudden but I couldn’t tell him no.

“I’d love to. So, what about you?”

“My name is Taylor Johnson. I’m 18 years old. I live alone in my apartment my parents bought me because they live a little far and as I started attending school here. I moved in.”

“Don’t you have any siblings?”

“Yes, I have a sister, I but I never saw her, dad took the baby after a few days she was born and never came back. I never saw the baby’s face. I was just one year old. Mum always tells me that one day he’ll come back with her but we still don’t know why he had took her away from us and why he never talked to my mother anymore. And now I have a step dad, but I love him as he was my real one.”

“Aren’t you eager to know where you sibling is?”

“In reality, no. Firstly, I don’t have any information and secondly, if dad made the mistake. He needs to come back WITH her.”

“Sorry, for asking, maybe it was a stupid question.”

“No, it’s ok.”

We talked about our hobbies, what subject do we prefer and which profession we would like to do in future. But then 11.30pm ticked on my watch.

“I think we better be going now Taylor.”

“Yes, wait for me so I can pay the drinks we had.”

This time he got me to my house by giving me a lift with his car. The trip to my house was a little silent with few words spoken here and there. But I was comfortable.

“Thank you Taylor, hope I’ll be meeting you soon.” I greeted him.

“It’s ok for me Scarlett, we had fun together. I’ll meet you next Monday at school then. I’ll be waiting to see you again!”

“Yes, thank you again. Bye.”

He waited for me till I entered my house. As I walked in, I found Lee on the couch, still watching the telly. 

“Aren’t you bored watching TV yet?”

“I was waiting for you.”

“Why?”

“To tell me how it went.”

“Well…”

I sat on the couch and started telling him the night out. Seriously, Taylor is a nice guy. And I want to be friends with him. I think, he thinks that too because he didn’t make any move to show me he wanted something more except we he put his arms around my neck in the movie but in y opinion it meant nothing.

“So you don’t like him?”

“I can’t tell he’s not handsome. In the contrary, he’s deadly cute but tonight we had fun by just talking and stuff. I don’t think I need something more. I think he loved my company as well because he told me he would be waiting for me next Monday at school.”

“At least you had fun.”

“Yeah, and he caught me by surprise when he told me he wanted to help me find my family.”

“He told you he’ll help you?!” he seemed surprised too. “Whoa, this guy sure seems he’s a gentleman. No, Scarlett. I think he wants more than friendship.”

“Think that?”

“Yes, but he won’t show it to you now. Trust me.”

His words kept flashing in my mind. Was it true? Does he want more than friendship?

********************************

Well, this was the date. Hope you're liking the story! I'm making a lot of effort to make good! So, I'd appreciate a comment, vote or fan! Thank you! Do you think Taylor wants more than friendship? xxx