Chapter 19

I woke up cheerfully of going out in the morning. Actually the words ‘woke up’ don’t refer much what I made this night. I couldn’t sleep well, I don’t know if the bed wasn’t comfortable or any other things which came up to my mind. Personally, I think both.

It was still 7:30 in the morning when I was on my feet grabbing the luggage mum brought me last night. I told them to go sleep all at home, I wasn’t a baby, and I could sleep with no guidance. Greta and Charles decided to go sleep at Taylor’s as they wanted to see me again today. I changed my uncomfortable, non-fashionable hospital gown with some pair of jeans with a jacket. I know, not too smart to wear in Christmas but I’m sure, I need to make the best in it! I gathered all my things in the luggage waiting for the door to open and finding my parents so we could go. Maybe I was a little early because the door only opened when it was 8:45am.

“Woken up already?” mum seems surprised.

“Yup! And I’m ready to go, everything’s in the luggage.” They smiled at each other noticing my eagerness to get out of this horrible hospital.

I broke all the silence. “So? Are you going to stand there smiling at each other? C’mon we have Christmas to celebrate!” I know what you’re thinking. Maybe you’re asking me, what about the problems you had. Are they gone? In the contrary, they haven’t even changed for a bit but today as its Christmas I decided to take a day off from all those stupid troubles. No thinking about the hate Taylor has for me. Be happy for Kate and try to help Lee the best I could.

“We can go.” Dad declared finally.

As we got out, I could smell the fresh cold air London had again. I loved it, I loved the décor the streets had and how shops were designed in every single way. Then I was just wondering.

“Why didn’t anyone decorate home for Christmas? Usually we do!” it was our family tradition. But it seems this year we didn’t keep it.

Mum turned to look at me as we got in the car from the passenger seat. “Honey, we didn’t have any time. You weren’t here in London. Kate wasn’t in the mood, Lee neither and we can’t say we were!” 

“So how are we going to plan Christmas?” I asked with a plan in my mind.

“Well….another usual day at home I think.” Dad said his eyes focused on the road.

“So, as it seems that we’re going to spend it at home. We have time to build the Christmas tree!”

“It’s worth nothing sweetie. Christmas is almost gone.”

“Who invented that Christmas was on the actual date? We need to make something related to that. Mum, dad….” I stopped and smiled. “….we need be a united family as we always were. Let’s not break it apart.”

They both looked at each other smiling. “Well, for me its fine Scarlett. But you promised Greta, Charles and Taylor to meet up with them.”

“Mum, first of all don’t mention the last name and second I still have an evening to spend with them.”

They both nodded in agreement so everything was set up. Christmas tree in construction!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lee, get me that star over there please.” We were building piece by piece our middle sized Christmas tree. Don’t imagine The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in New York, far from that but I liked it better. It’s made from artificial Scotch pine but it looks realistic. It is beribboned and has some stars, angels and other small things attached on the leaves.

He handed me the small gold star which I attached at the bottom of the tree. We were all helping each other and 1 thing was left. The star on top.