Chapter 24

Don’t get shocked by the news I’m going to give to you. I accepted. I accepted the date. I know, maybe you’re thinking of how weak I am to fall for that guy so easily. But I didn’t fall for him so easily. Through this past week he kept sending me roses, which was humiliating me in front of my family, calling me every night and sends me text messages every single day. I couldn’t keep going like this but a small date wouldn’t hurt anyone. Right? We planned the date in two weeks time, if you’re thinking what could’ve caused such delay to go on a date I can tell you that I made a tiny lie that I’m all busy next week maybe who knows, something will happen and we could cancel everything.

Today I have the DNA test we had planned in December. Yes, it’s the middle of February already. Time flies by.

Taylor came to pick me up this morning and now I’m here at the hospital waiting for the doctor to call us in. Greta is sure I’m her daughter and I can’t deny that Taylor is thinking that too now that we’ve separated all our differences at the side and started from the beginning. Charles couldn’t come as he works in a hotel which the shifts aren’t always the same. We’re going to take a blood test.

“Ahh, it did hurt too much.” I told them as the blood test was ready.

“I know, it hurt me too but it was for a good cause.” Taylor agreed with me.

“Greta, when are they going to give us the results?” I asked impatiently.

“5 to 7 days the doctor told us. But he thinks that we’re positive. We come from the same genes. But nothing is verified.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

“WOHOOO!” I shouted as Greta called me telling me that the results had come and that we were positive. I found my family! If you’re wondering and asking me what about my real dad? I’d answer you very easily. I don’t even care a tiny bit for dad; after all he was the one who took me away and broke my life in pieces.

As I hung up from Greta, I went to give the happy news to my family. They were truly happy that now I can say that I have found my biological mother and brother. I couldn’t even believe myself that one small holiday would’ve changed everything. Yes, typically everything.

Today it’s Saturday and i decided to go out and have a little fun. Daisy’s telling me I’m deadly boring and that I’m too good but I’m up to it, I’m up to party hard tonight.

The door bell ringing broke all my thoughts. It was Daisy for sure. I was dressed in that turquoise dress Taylor had bought me months ago with some high heels. I straightened my hair and braided my fringe at the side. My make up was hardly noticeable as I only made some foundation and mascara, to be natural as possible. I grabbed my side bag filled with my HTC phone, door keys, and my small purse.

“Hey Day! Mum we’re going, don’t worry ‘bout us.” I got downstairs noticing Daisy waiting for me on the couch. She was wearing a high-waisted skirt along with black floral top and obviously some high heels.

“Ok sweetie, but please don’t be late. I didn’t give you time because you have your age but don’t let me change my idea.”

“Yes mum, I won’t be late.”

I was just going out when she stopped me again.

“Don’t drink.”

“Yes! Love you!”

I got out quickly as possible avoiding the idea mum will begin to tell me the rules again. But c’mon, I’m not a 10 year old girl, I have my age, I know what I’m doing!

We decided to go to a club which wasn’t that far so we could afford coming back on foot.

“Scarlett, promise me you won’t drink okay?”