Chapter 2

“Scarlett, I need to talk to you.” Lee came up into my room.

“Sure, what do you want?”

“I don’t know how to tell it to you.” He seemed frustrated and I could see his eyes sparkle like stars at night.

“Ok, I can tell you.” I told him with a proud tone.

“What?”

I smiled at him “Lee, I can see you’re in love, from your beautiful sparkling eyes.”

He blushed for some time. “Do I really look like that?”

“Yup! What do you want from me?”

“You know, there’s this girl, Chelsea who makes my heart beat a lot when I see her, I get blushed and the problem is…. I don’t know how to tell her.”

“Well if you were talking to Daisy, she’ll sure have the solution. Daisy would tell you to make your first move because she thinks guys have the lead to text the first message or invite them to dinner.”

“But what should I tell her.”

“Let’s begin with this; do you have her phone number?”

“Yeah, a friend of mine gave it to me.”

“C’mon let me tell you what to text her.”

He got his blackberry out from his pocket and nodded to give me a sign that I should start.

“Tell her, Hey Chelsea, are you busy Saturday night? I thought we could go to the movies together at 9pm. Lee”

“That’s all?”

“Yeah, I know she’ll send back, girls get very anxious when they have a date.”

“Have you ever had a date?” he asked me with a big smile on his face.

“Why are you asking me? I won’t tell you, it’s a secret!” I laughed.

“Don’t tell me then, I’m not that curious you know?”

He got out of the room running. He seemed so happy that he could fly. That’s what guys do, they get mad about some kind of girl and- well Lee is not like other guys. He’s special.

It was midnight and I decided to get to bed, so I changed into my PJ’s and jumped into my cozy quilts. I got my secret diary from under my pillow. I write what happens during the day every night. I never failed once to forget writing since I was still at the orphanage. I think till now I have about 8 secret diaries, one for each year. Each one is filled with memories and emotions. I kept them in a secure place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“G’morning!” I chirped as I entered in our modern stylish kitchen.

“Why so happy today?” Kate asked as I got some cereal to mix with the milk.

“Don’t know, I feel fresh!”

 “Haha! Nice reason.”

“Can you give me a lift to school please? Dad can’t take me and I’m too bored to go on foot.”

“Yes I can, but you need to hurry. Or else you’ll go on foot.”

I didn’t take notice of what she said. When she said I needed to hurry, she was always lying. It happens every time. I’m the one supposed to hurry but you know I’m always the one who is waiting for her in the car first.

I ate my cereal and got my school bag from my room.

“I’m ready, I don’t know but when I’ll get my driving license, you’ll be the one that goes on foot!” I yelled as I slammed the door after me.

After some minutes, she was out, finally! I hated waiting.

“Thank you Kate, see you at home then.”

I got out of the car as we arrived at my school. Daisy was waiting for me at the entrance, well, that’s were all the students used to be till the bell rang.

“Finally, I thought you weren’t coming!” she greeted me.

“Tell that to my sister!” I sighed.

As the bell rang I went to my English literature lesson. I hate literature, honestly, who cares about poems?! The only thing I loved was novels but sometimes they were deadly boring!

“Good morning students.” Mr. Brown, the professor greeted us as he entered in class. But today he wasn’t alone. A cute looking black haired guy was with him.

“This is Taylor, a new student which is going to attend the literature lessons from now on. Feel comfortable Taylor.”

Taylor, as the professor said he was called came to sit at the back of the class, giving me a cute smile as he passed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh Daisy! Did I mention he was cute, deadly cute?!” I was at the school cafeteria because it was break time.

“Yes, you mentioned that around 100 times I think well 123 times to be exact!”

“He has brown eyes but that hair?! That hair sure seemed soft! He’s tall and slim. Please Daisy, I want a date!” I gave a sigh and added “And he smiled?! Oh my God, he smiled to me?! I’m freaking out Daisy!”

“Calm down Scar, calm down. Go and talk to him!”

“What?! He’s the guy; he’s supposed to talk to me first!”

“Oh yeah, that’s what you told me when I tell you about Will.”

“To make you courage Day, that’s for courage!” I was better to change the subject because she was always furious on these topics. “By the way, wish me a Happy Birthday for Jasmine!”

“Oh, ok I will. She already suspected what the present is and my clever mind tells me that she already found it.”

“Why?”

“Because this morning, as I went to have breakfast she hugged me and expressed how she loved me. Weird, very weird!”

“From the info you gave me, yes I think you guessed right then. Genius!” I laughed.

I needed a way to talk to Taylor; I could never let that horrifying Jamie, get into my way! 

**************************