Chapter 15

I heard the door slamming. I was in my room trying to believe what had happened just a couple of moments before. I peeked out from my door trying to verify who it was but I saw no one. I got out noticing Taylor's door closed not like before. I knocked. No answer. I knocked again but this time I could hear cries in the background.

"Taylor I know you're there, open the door" I said gently. He opened the door, not looking at my face.

"Talk to me." I said gently again but no answer was replied.

"Talk to me!" This time I shouted.                                      

"What am I going to say to you?" He asked with a hoarse voice.

"I don't know, say something." I insisted.

"Ok. Do you pretend that I'm going to accept you Scarlett?"

"W-what do you mean by this?" I was confused by what he said.

"I'm not believing. I don't believe you're my sister. That birth mark means nothing. Heard me?! Nothing!" He started shouting.

"What should I do to prove it then?"

"DNA." I was shocked by his reply. DNA! This test meant time, I couldn't wait that long to start and spend time with mum. I want to spend all the time lost with her. Something inside me forced me to say it.

"I'll do it. I need to prove that yes, I'm your sister Taylor."

 I knew this was my family, not just by that mark but from everything that surrounded this place. I could feel this was home.

As I was going out of the room his voice stopped me to listen.

"After all these years, after all this time, you come and change everything. Scarlett, I want you to go home." This time he stared at me in my eyes.

"Why? Taylor, even if I'm gone, nothing will change. I will go home like it was planned, everything will stay the same."

I just got out, without hearing what he was going to say. Everything happened in a split of second, and yet I can't believe why. Why this happened to be my family. 'Dad' voice break my thoughts.

"Is it true what mum told me Scarlett?"

"Yes dad. Yes" he hugged me tight. I took a position were I could see both mum and 'dad'.

"Can you make the necessary arrangments so we can make a DNA test? Taylor insists."

They both looked at each other, a little surprised.

"We can't, we don't aff-" dad stopped mum.

"We'll do it"

Mum turned to him surprised. "But, we cannot afford."

"We'll get the money from that bank account that we never used."

"We promised each other to use them only in emergencies.' She seemed worried.

"This IS an emergency Greta." He insisted. Then added "I'll try to make an appointment tomorrow morning. But we need to wait, this isn't a thing we could do our own." We both nodded. I decided to go into my room to take a nap. This was still the afternoon, but I was very tired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The phone buzzing on my bedside table woke me from my deepest yet comfortable nap. At first I thought it was all a dream but then it hit me. My new family. I broke my thoughts remembering my phone had just vibrated.

It was a text from Daisy 'How's it going? I didn't hear anything from you.' It took a sudden to remember I had another family. The family who loved and sacrificed anything for me. I decided to call her, we weren't going to understand each other well by text messaging.

She picked up on the forth ring.

"Hey Day. Sorry I didn't call you or anything but many things happened in a sudden."

"It's ok I just texted because I thought it happened something to you. What happened then? You're making me curious."

"I found my family." She didn't speak. "Day? Are you still there?"

"Sorry Scar, but I think I didn't understand you."

"Yes you did. Its true, I found them."

"How? When?"

I narrated her the entire story. Obviously, at first she thought I was joking but then she knew I was serious. "The problem is Day, that I don't know how to tell my family." I was worried.

"You have to face them Scarlett." I heard some grumbling in the background of Daisy.

"Is that Jasmine?"

"Yeah, she wants me to go to the mall with her but I can't. We need to talk Scarlett."

"No its ok for me. Go with her, I need to take dinner as well."

We hung up after a few minutes. I got out of the room with the smell of food filling all my nostrils.

"What are you cooking?" I asked mum.

"Lasagne."

"Smells good."

At about 8 in the evening we started to eat the delicious plate of Lasagne. Pure silence throughout the dinner, no words spoken. Taylor did not even lift his face up for a minute. I could see my parents worried for him. Apperently, Taylor had took it worse than I had. He couldn't accept the reality. I know maybe you're thinking I'm weird or something but I think I preferred not finding my family like this, I preferred living in this lie. I know that dating your brother isn't good, but who would've known he was my brother. We don't look alike a lot. 

After dinner, I decided to go for a walk. Wearing a black puffed jacket with some blue jeans and a pair of boots I was ready to go.

I strode along Petersfield streets. I admired the place to the full. If it wasn't for the decorations, I wouldn't even know Christmas is approaching. I passed through a street which I already passed from it before. It was the street we had built the snowman. But no sight of any snowmans could be seen. Then I noticed, noticed that someone had put it all down and one person came to my mind. Taylor.

*********************

Taylor seems mad to Scarlett, do you think they'll talk to each other? How do you think her adpted family will take this news? Read to cut off your curiosity! Fan/vote/commet! Thank you :)xxx