Chapter 8

“How did you go?” Taylor asked me as the test was finished.

“Not bad, some poems were too difficult. You?” I smiled.

“Me? Please choose another question, I failed for sure!”

“I need to go as I have biology now. Talk to you later.” I was turning as he stopped me again.

“I forgot to tell you. Would you like to come to my apartment tomorrow night at 8, we’d cook something and maybe see a movie?”

“Perfectly fine for me!” I smiled and turned away, happy for having to meet him again.

Late as usual, I entered in class. Seeing all faces looking at me. Ms. Walker had a furious face and I was expecting she’d blow out and get mad to me as I was not punctual, as usual.

“Ms. Baker! You’re late! No, I already told you last time, that if you make one more time. I’ll be severe.”

“I had a-” she stopped me.

“No excuses! All of the class will get an extra lab report as you decided to come late.”

Everyone seemed angry, some of them whispering and some were seriously getting mad. Lab report meant time! Time to do them; I usually spend a week on one, but now 2! The students are going to hate me!

I sat at the back of the class. And said nothing except putting my head down, shy of my ‘classmates’.

The lesson was over and as I was getting hurriedly out of the class, Katherine, one of the bosses in class stopped me.

“Do it one more time, and I’ll slap your face!”

I said nothing and turned away. By the confusion in my mind I bumped into Taylor, obviously because I didn’t see him.

“What are you thinking about?” he stopped to talk to me.

“No, nothing.”

I just kept walking till I reached the cafeteria, where Daisy was waiting for me.

“Oh Day, I’m humiliated.”

“Why?”

I explained the story.

“So? Seriously? Do you worry about those?”

“Well…kind of and for me too. I have a lot of things to do and I wasn’t waiting for this.”

“Don’t worry, these are things which pass.” She consoled me.

I knew Katherine; she makes things worse than they really are. She is a bully, everyone is scared of her and I cannot exclude I’m not. She’s rough and very great in letting people feel down. One day, Lily Andrews told a joke to her friend while she was in class and the professor had given all the class a detention. After few weeks, Lily Andrews, moved, moved to a new school because of whom? Because of Katherine, she bullied her. But I’m not a good soul as Lily was; I could never let her do such things to me.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today school wasn’t that bad, fortunately I hadn’t any biology lessons and I didn’t see Katherine anywhere. I was preparing for the night. I wore blue skinny jeans along with some black shirt and a jacket on. I wore my trainers, got my side bag and greeted my goodbyes to all the family.

I followed the address Taylor had given me today. There it was, a block of apartments which was quite tall. He told me he lived on the fourth floor, so not too high, thank god as I’m scared of heights. I got into the lift and pressed the ‘4’ button. A small corridor appeared in front of me giving me impression that the apartments are all modern. I knocked on the door which Taylor indicated me on the address.