Chapter 23

It has passed almost a month now; everything is going on the same way. Nothing new happened.

“Scarlett, are you ready to go?” I heard Kate’s voice from downstairs. We were going to the doctor to find out if she’s going to have a baby girl or a boy. I really admired how she only wanted me to go with her, as to keep it a surprise when we come for Cale and the rest of the family.

“Coming!”

I was wearing black jeans with a navy blue woolen top and some trainers. I jogged downstairs seeing Kate waiting for me on the sofa.

“We can go! I can’t wait till we find out!” I was pretty excited to be a niece! 

“Me too! Do you think I’ll have a boy or a girl?”

“I think a girl!”

“Even I! I have the feeling she’s a girl but I don’t know.”

“But we can know if we get going.”

I got in the passenger seat, till now Kate is allowed to drive but when she can’t I don’t know who’ll take me where I need, dad isn’t available 24/7. As we arrived at the clinic there were a woman with a baby in her hands and a little girl were waiting to enter before us. The girl was really adorable. She was wearing some trousers with a white top along with a baby pink woolen cardigan, and then her curly, brown hair was tied backwards in a small ponytail with 2 baby pink bows, one on each side.

“Hello” I told her as she was wondering around.

She seemed very shy but she forced to say a “Hi” to me.

“What are you doing here?” she asked me instantly.

“Me? I came with my sister because she’s going to have a cute little baby.”

“I have a little brother too but we came here today because he is not a normal person like us. He still breathes but he has some conditions.” I admired her tiny girly voice.

“Amy? Come here, don’t bother people.” Her mother whispered at her and as a good girl, Amy, as her mother called her obeyed instantly. She just gave me a smile and sat on one of the chairs.

 “What a cute girl!” Kate whispered to me.

“You’re going to have one cute as her, you’ll see.”

“Don’t forget Scarlett, the baby can be a boy too.”

“But I’m sure he’ll be handsome anyways!”

After some time waiting, the woman with the 2 children had entered and only me and Kate were left in the clinic.

An hour later we were still there waiting for that door to open so we could get in.

“What is she doing in there?” I said sarcastically.

“Maybe she has a difficult cau-” she barely finished the sentence when the door opened.     

“Ms. Baker, come in!” the doctor greeted us.

As we entered in the room a lot of pictures were glued to the wall with baby pictures on them and some skin structures. Then on the side there was the stretcher were Kate had just lied on. In front of the stretcher there was a screen. After the ultrasound had begun we could notice the baby moving in Kate’s belly. It’s just a nice feeling to see the baby so close when it isn’t even born yet.

“What is it doctor? A girl or a boy?” I asked impatiently waiting for an answer.

“What do you think Ms. Baker?” he turned to look at Kate.