Chapter 6

The next morning I woke up with a big head ache. I didn’t know why but I wasn’t that well.

“Dad, is mum here?” I asked him as I approached the kitchen dizzily.

“No, she went out buying the groceries. What happened to you?”

“I feel sick. I have a big head ache and I feel dizzy.”

“Go in bed Scarlett. I’ll call the doctor.”

I got upstairs the best way I could and entered in bed. I heard a knock on the door.

“Who’s there?” I shouted as I could.

“Kate.”

“Come in.”

“Why are you still in bed, did you forget today is Saturday?” she told me getting furious of thinking I was getting lazy in bed.

“I’m sick.”

“I wasn’t going to tell you but you seriously look pale. Where did you go yesterday?”

“I went out with a friend but I wasn’t feeling sick.”

“Just stay in bed I’ll tell dad.”

“No it’s ok. I already told him. He’s calling the doctor.”

“Ok, so I won’t disturb you.”

“Wait. Go without me to the salon and nail artist ok? Don’t cancel the appointments.”

“I have to go because tomorrow I have a party. Sleep Scarlett. You’ll get better.”

After some time, the doctor had come, telling me I had a fever. I was indeed said to stay in bed till tomorrow and then I should feel better.

The phone started vibrating on my bedside table. It was Daisy calling me.

“Hey Day.” I talked the best I could.

“Do you have something in your throat? You seem talking weirdly.”

“I have fever. I need to stay in bed till tomorrow.”

“Oh, if I knew I wouldn’t have called. I’m so sorry.”

“No it’s fine Day. Did you call for something?”

“To tell you ‘bout yesterday, how it had gone. But you can tell me when you’re better.”

“I’ll tell you now. I don’t have anything to do.”

I narrated her the whole night. And I imagined her face like this ‘o’ when I told her he put his arms around my neck. But she thought like me. She thinks that he wants only friendship.

“I have to go now Day. Because I need to have the medicine.”

“Sure Scarlett. If you want something just give me a call and get well soon.”

“Thank you Day. Bye!”

Mum came into my room with the bottle of medicine.

“How are you sweetie?”

“Like before. But I need to get better.”

“Why are you so enthusiastic about being better?”

“I hate staying in bed.”

It wasn’t the truth. The truth was I needed to go to school on Monday so I can meet Taylor again. He would be waiting for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Scarlett, wake up honey.” Mum’s voice woke me up.

“What is the time mum?”

“It’s 7:30pm. You have been sleeping for about 7 hours I think. I woke you up so you could eat.”