Chapter 25

I was totally confused by the conversation me and Henry had made but through all this confusion I couldn’t forget the person who abandoned me when I was drunk. Daisy.

 “Hello? Scarlett?”

“Why did you do that?”

“What?”

“Leave me alone.”

“I was going to break my curfew and besides you promised you weren’t going to get drunk.”

“And me? Don’t you even bother to know if I’m safe at home? Who knows what could have happened to me.” 

“But nothing happened right?”

“That’s what are going to say? Nothing happened? I think it isn’t in your interest to know.”

“Seriously Scarlett, who got you home?”

“That guy who you hate, that guy that I kissed last night, that guy who’s more than a friend to me.”

“Are you serious? You betrayed me! You told me you were just accepting the date for the reasons that he was annoying you.”

“You know what Day?”

“What?”

“I don’t know who really betrayed one another. If it’s you or me.” I hung up cutting her words. Who does she think she is?  I can’t even believe that my friend, my only close friend got away from me like this!

“Get down to eat!” mum shouted from downstairs as lunch was ready. If you’re wondering at what time I’ve woken up, I’d tell you noon.

I slipped on my indoor slippers and got downstairs touching my forehead with my hand as I had a big headache.

“Are you okay there?” Kate asked as I approached the dining room.

“Yeah, why asking?”

“Because you seem dizzy.”

“Just a headache.”

I didn’t have much appetite so as I ate half of the food; I got upstairs locking myself in my room without telling anyone what I had. Honestly, neither I did know what I had but I was feeling sad, worried and frustrated. I wanted to be alone.

Unexpectedly, I made the courage to call Henry once again. I needed to talk to him. I know we had that date but I didn’t care, I wanted to talk to him today. He was happy about the invitation and we decided to meet up near the mall and then we’ll take something to drink at a cafeteria.

I wore some denim trousers along with a white top and a blue woolen cardigan on top. I also wore a white scarf and a pair of blue trainers. It wasn’t the ideal outfit for Sunday, but I wasn’t in the mood of fashion. I made my hair in a messy bun.

“This was a surprise for me.” he greeted me.

“I know.”

“So, where should we go?”

“Mc café?”

“I don’t like to hang a lot at that place. I already work there you know, it bothers me a little bit.”

“So, wanna go to that cafeteria around the corner of the street?”

“Yeah, that sounds fine.”

We headed to the corner cafeteria.

“Here are the menus of the hot drinks we have at the moment.” The waiter handed us the hard covered menus as we sat on the table.