Chapter 1

“We want that girl, she’s so adorable.” Those were the words that typically changed my life. I’m Scarlett, Scarlett Baker actually, adopted 7 years ago when I was 10 by the Baker family. At that age, I thought I was never going to be adopted but then Louisa and James Baker showed up wanting a girl around my age. I have 2 siblings obviously not my biological siblings but I love them as if they were my real ones. Kate is my elder sister, 20 years. She has long dark brown hair with big brown eyes as well. She is skinny and has a very optimistic character, always cheerful and tries to understand everyone.

Then there’s Lee, a year younger than me. He has light brown hair with greenish eyes. His character is the totally opposite of Kate, he’s optimistic yes, but if someone breaks his heart one time, no more chances. I’m mostly closed to him as Kate is usually at work or with her boyfriend Cale. When she’s not at work, you usually find her with him who is still at university.

Mum is in her 30’s and blondish; well I think Lee is the most one who is similar to her. She has short hair with green/grey eyes. She’s very active and never hesitates to give a helping hand to someone in need. Dad is in his 30’s as well, he has dark hair but then sparkling blue eyes. He’s tallish and well-built. He’s very ambitious, hard-working and not forget to mention he’s intelligent.

Well, then you can find me, the adopted one. I’m 17 year old in age. I have medium length brown hair and bright brown eyes, I’m medium height and slim. I find my character different from my other family members. I’m a little independent, imaginative, sensitive and a little moody too. Some people say because of my childhood I had. Well, practically, the one that I didn’t have. I was brought to the orphanage when I was still a baby, I don’t remember my biological mum neither my dad. The sisters that were in charge of the orphanage always told me that my parents are dead. But no, I don’t believe them, something in my heart tells me that they’re still alive. I’d like to find them, yes it would be great to know why had they abandoned me. I was mostly interested if I had any siblings.

But till now, those were only thoughts that I wanted to achieve and soon. I didn’t want to hurt my family’s feelings, because those were the ones who really took care of me and let me feel that I was at home, but it was in my interest to find my real family.

I go to William Morris sixth form in London. I’m very happy there, I love my teachers and obviously my friends. My closest friend is Daisy, a red-headed girl with blue eyes and has freckles on her cheeks. She’s pale and medium height like me. Well, that’s enough about my life.

“Lee! Ellen is going to begin, hurry up!” I shouted to Lee, as one of our favorite shows was Ellen DeGeneres, we simply loved her comical laughs.

“Yes here I come!” he jumped onto the couch next to me with a bowl full of crisps in his hands.

“Want some?”  He offered surprisingly, usually he keeps it all by himself except we he’s not hungry anymore.

“Well, yeah, I wouldn’t say no.” I smiled as grabbed a handful of crisps in my hands.

The show began and today the celebrity invited was Katy Perry. She was one of my favorite artists, I liked her voice and she was pretty too.

“If I had the chance to marry Katy, I’d do so; she’s pretty, intelligent, rich and seems she has a nice character.”

“Yeah, in your dreams Lee, in your dreams.” I laughed for his weird imagination.

 As the show has ended, I changed my PJ’s into dark colored jeans along with a green leather jacket. I decided to hit the mall with Daisy as she wanted to buy something for her little sister Jasmine as she was turning 8 tomorrow.

“Hey Scarlett, what should I buy her?” she greeted me as we met each other at the mall.

“Well, I don’t know what little children love. What does she likes best?”

“I have an idea! Come with me.” She grabbed my hand and pulled me with her to the third floor where the children area was found.

“I’ll buy her a big soft unicorn. She’d go mad when she sees it!”

“Great but do you have enough money?”

“I don’t know; let’s see how much it costs.”

We entered in the cute looking shop; it was filled with toys for every kind of age. Seriously, it was a child’s dream to live there. We approached the big white unicorn with splashes of colors all over its body.

“Uhh. Its 100 pounds, too much for me!”

“What about that?” a cute medium sized blue unicorn caught my eye.

“It’s pretty, let’s see the cost price first.” She made a sigh as she looked to the price tag.

“45 pounds, not too much isn’t it?” she looked at me waiting for a reply.

“Yeah, it sounds worth it. Buy it for her; she’ll love it for sure.”

We headed to the checkout where the nice lay with curly hair made us the bill.

“Why don’t we go to have some hot chocolate? I’m freezing, it’s so cold today!” I suggested the idea to Daisy.

“Sure, me too. It sure seems that December is approaching!”

We headed to the Mc Cafe which was situated in the mall as well. We both took a cappuccino.

“So, did you finish that boring essay for that boring language teacher?” she muttered as we settled down in a pleasing view of cafeteria.

“Not yet, I’m stuck a little bit but Cale told me he would help me with it.”

“You sure are lucky to have an older sister who has a boyfriend that can help her. Look at me, I’m desperately in need for an elder sister or brother, Jasmine annoys me at times.”

“Oh, come on. She’s has a cute character.”

“Yeah very cute, even when she wants your jewelry or make up to play in front of the mirror.”

 “Don’t tell me you never done that before?! She’s still a child.”

“Well, let’s not keep talking about my boring sister. Change of subject please.”

“Ok, then. Let’s talk about Will. He’s more interesting huh?”

Will was Daisy’s crush; she goes simply mad when I mention him or his fair hair. She says it’s soft. I don’t know but how a girl could imagine one’s hair if she never touched it. Weird, isn’t it? But I liked her that way!

“Oh damn, I’m in need for a date with him! But that stupid ‘best friend’ of his, always enters in my way.”

Jamie, was our greatest enemy at school especially when she sees that Daisy is interested in Will. She pretends she’s a diva every time someone talks to her and for her boring character she annoys Will as well but he’s too good to tell her to get away. Jamie always tries to get closer everyday to him, although she knows he doesn’t want any relationship with her so she’s just his ’best friend’. For now!

“I think you should make your first move Day. You’re never going to catch up with him.”

“I’m too shy to ask a boy for a date. He’s the guy, he needs to send me the first text or invites me to dinner.”

“Well, don’t tell me I didn’t tell you if he gets up with another girl.”

As 6pm were ticked on my ice watch, I had to go back home because me and mum decided that today we were going to bake chocolate chip cookies

*********************************