Chapter 22

This week all I’ve been doing was home work and essays. I left everything for the last minute and I was exhausted after all the work. Yeah, holidays passed so quickly that I haven’t even noticed!

“Scarlett! Hurry up! I need to get to work!”

“Coming dad!” I shouted back.

I didn’t want to get downstairs. Practically, I didn’t want to move out from my room! Forcefully, I got my floral bag and jogged downstairs.

“Scarlett, you didn’t have any breakfast today.”

“No mum, I don’t have any appetite.”

“Ok honey. I won’t force you. Dad is waiting in the car.”

I got out finding dad’s car already out in the drive in.

“Hey dad.” I greeted him as I got in the passenger seat buckling the seatbelt.

“Hi baby girl. What took you so long today? It seemed forever till you got down.”

“I know but I’m not in the mood of going to school.”

“Well, if you’re not in mood of school, you can skip it.”

I knew he was joking. “Yeah dad, what a brilliant idea!” I said sarcastically.

Aw we arrived the usual students were waiting at the entrance. Luckily, I spotted Daisy straight away!

“Hey!”

“Hey Scarlett, what’s with that face of yours?”

Did I really look weird? “Nothing just the usual people, usual days. I’m tired of school.”

“Well, everyone is tired but only few months are left.”

“Look who’s approaching?” I told her looking at Jamie who was coming near us. Talking ‘bout Jamie. Will dumped her. That’s why he wanted to talk to her last time and that clears the idea of the phrase she told me about. Now, she had more chance of dating him. She already went on a date.

 I broke my thoughts as she came to talk to us. Surprisingly.

“What the heck did you tell my brother?” she stared at my eyes, seeming furious.

“Your brother?”

“Don’t play it innocent, you know what I’m talking about.”

“I didn’t tell him anything in particular.”

“Oh yeah? Who are you to tell him that I don’t treat you well?”

“If he told you that, he’s lying. I only told him we’re not close friends.”

“You’re accusing my brother as a liar?”

“I’m not accusing anyone. You’re the one who came yelling in my face.”

“Maybe because he insulted me and told me how arrogant I am with people. That’s why I acted like this.”

“It wasn’t my aim that he insults you, I just told him the truth. And why are you telling me now? It’s been over a week since I talked to him.”

“I know but my beloved brother decided to tell me yesterday your tiny conversation.”

“Can you tell your brother a thing?”

“What?”

“Tell him that giving me a shelter under his umbrella wasn’t a good idea. And oh…another thing. Tell him that if he’d keep showing off conversations he makes with other people, he’s soon going to be dying of loneliness.”

I didn’t let her to tell me anything. I just got away pushing Daisy by the hand so she could follow me.

Taylor came rushing by.

“What did she want?” he sounded protective.

“Nothing. Some insults, you know but I stood up.”

“If she ever talks to you that way again, tell me.”

“What are you going to do to her? Slap her in the face? She needs one.”

“She needs what?”

“A slap.” I said sarcastically.

“If that’s what you want.” He said trying to walk towards her but I stopped him.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“You just told me a few seconds ago, to slap her in the face. Changed your mind?”

“No silly. I was just saying it sarcastically.”

“Seriously Scarlett, if she shouts another time at you. Tell me.”

“Awh! That’s why I love you dear brother!” I hugged him.

“Hmmm” Daisy’s voice sounded in my back, clearing her throat. I pushed back from the hug.

“Sorry Day, forgot you.”

“Already?! And I’m not even dead!” she said sarcastically.

“I know but I’ll make you a funeral you know.” I teased. The bell just rang meaning I needed to head to class. I went with Taylor as the first lesson was literature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I arrived home, I was exhausted and I mean it. I was dying to take a nap but I needed to meet up with Greta so I didn’t have any time.

I quickly changed the clothes I had on with some blue jeans, a white shirt made from wool and some biker boots.

Me and Greta had decided to hit the mall as she wanted to buy some things and so we could hang out a little.

“Hey!” I greeted her as I arrived to the mall finding her waiting for me on a bench.

“Hi sweetie. We don’t have much time because I booked a taxi back to Petersfield at 5pm and it’s already 4pm.”

 “I know, sorry I was late but I needed to eat and you know make some other stuff.”

“No, it ok sweetie, now you’re here.”

We got up to the home section where she wanted to buy a present for a wedding which she’s invited to go for. After some more time exploring the mall, she had to go as the taxi was waiting for her outside.

On my way out of the mall I passed from the Mc Café where I spotted Henry.

“Why did you lie about me?”

He turned around noticing I was the one who talked to him. He was clearing some tables.

 “Hey Scarlett, long time no speak!”

“I don’t have time for greetings. What did you tell your sister about me? This morning she accused me as a liar and that I insulted her.”

“I told her the truth.”

“Oh yeah? And if it’s the truth, why didn’t you keep it for yourself?”

“Because it was the right to tell my sister the truth. Can we talk another time? If the manager knows I’m talking instead of working he’ll give me the sack for sure.”

“Well, you deserve it! Bye!”

I turned around furious of his pathetic reasons. Who does he think he is? I think he imagines himself as a star or something. On a second thought of what I said last time. Genes DID pass on.

******************************

Only 5 chapters left, I hope I update as soon as possible! Don't forget to fan me, I fan back! Thank you so much! :)xxx