t h i r t y - e i g h t

The Hamilsquad sat around Aaron's phone, which was propped against the TV and playing a 10-hour fireplace video. It was Christmas Eve, and snow pattered lightly against the windows as the group played Clue on the floor.

That night, everything was perfect. Reynolds would be a dick—often people like him never changed—but Maria was safe and snuggled up with Peggy inside the Hamilsquad dorm, and things were alright.

Eliza would win Clue that night (that lucky girl) as Mrs. Peacock (it was Colonel Mustard, with the rope, in the conservatory). After the game they would play Cards Against Humanity, but nobody would win, as everyone soon enough fell asleep on the floor.

Cards and game pieces strewn about, Aaron's poor phone still playing the video, the gang slept sound knowing everything was good.

Things were shitty sometimes, sure. James had a paper due in two days. Hercules forgot to get groceries. There's a light in the bathroom that won't turn on. But even then, things were perfect.

When the gang woke up the next morning, they would exchange presents from under John's fake plastic Christmas tree decorated with terrible cheap decorations from the dollar store. They would giggle and laugh about how stupid the gifts were, and Alex would spill coffee everywhere. Thomas would step on a Clue piece and jump, kicking Angelica in the face, earning him a slap. Hercules would fall asleep and get drawn on.

Everything was perfect.

And it would always be.

// hfsnfnsndnsk holy shit. i started this book in 2017 and look??? how far??? we've come??? my writing stunk at the beginning and looking back, this book is not my favorite; but it means so much to me considering it's been so many years since that summer. god. anyway thanks for reading, if you miss this book feel free to read more of mine <3
ilyguys!!
- cranberry

(ps: this chapter is a rewrite. wattpad straight up DELETED the old chapter when i published it. rude :/)