f i f t e e n

alexander

Hercules stepped forward. "Where are we going?"

"We were trying to decide between My Shot Grill and Satisfied. What are your preferences?" Peggy said, glancing at Alexander and then John.

Alex tilted his head. "A grill sounds good." The other three murmured in agreement.

"Great. Angelica wouldn't stop begging for Satisfied, so we put it on a vote. Thomas and James said Satisfied was okay, but Eliza, me, and you guys want My Shot, so—"

Alexander cut her off. "Anything against Thomas Jefferson is perfect. Let's go."

Peggy snorted and the group headed down the hall. "I'll text them and meet them there." She grinned.

Alexander and John shared a glance. Their conversation with Peggy before Lafayette and Hercules had joined them was about the ship.

He needed it to sail.

It had to sail.

And Peggy knew it.

But now, Peggy was giggling with Lafayette and Hercules—pointing at John and Alex, snorting about them.

Alexander stopped walking as an idea dawned on him.

John tugged his arm. "Alex? Keep going. What's going on?"

Alexander started to walk again. Voice barely a whisper, Alex said, "Peggy and the two ship us."

"They do?"

He lightheartedly whacked John on the side of the head. "Yes, you dumb turtle, they do. Wouldn't it be hilarious if we faked us dating?" Alexander was really stupid. He knew he liked John. If pretending to date John would lead to them actually dating—well, let's just say he was all for it.

"Turtle-boy" bloomed red. "UH, yeah. That's a great idea."

Alexander grinned, taking John's hand in his. He put his finger under John's chin, lifted his head so he face Alex, and winked. He made sure Peggy and the guys were looking, and then said in a hushed tone, "Remember, this is totally straight."

And then he kissed him.