e l e v e n

hercules

The four were lying on the couch in the living room watching Legally Blonde. Alexander and John were giggling about something—or someone, maybe?—on their phones.

They were texting someone.

On the other side of the sofa sat Hercules, who was stiff-bodied and unable to focus on the movie, because a certain french fry had fallen asleep on his legs.

It was only seven pm, but he was sure Lafayette had jet-lag anyway and that was fine. What wasn't fine was that Hercules was A) officially Lafayette's couch cushion and B) bright red.

He was sure John and Alex had noticed.

His legs were falling asleep now, and pins-and-needles started. Hercules couldn't stand up, though, in fear of waking Laf up, so there he sat. Watching Legally Blonde with two guys who were giggling over everything he did.

And besides all this, Hercules couldn't get the memory of Lafayette giving him a kiss out of his head. It burned. He was the color of roses covered in hot-cheeto dust wearing blush. In other words, red.

Lafayette moved, and Hercules flinched. The frenchman didn't wake up.

Hercules bit his lip. Why would Lafayette do that? He knew Laf didn't like him. At least, it didn't look like it. He didn't understand what had gotten Laf to randomly kiss him. Hercules was probably thinking about it a lot more than Laf. He assumed Lafayette didn't care, didn't think it meant anything.

To Hercules it did.

lafayette

"Dammit, Lafayette! Why'd you kiss me? You know I don't like you!" Hercules snapped, grabbing Lafayette's shirt collar.

"I'm sorry, mon ami! I didn't know—"

Hercules shook Lafayette like a dog. "You're right. You didn't know. You don't know anything." He let go, letting Lafayette fall to the floor. He kicked Lafayette, who winced.

"That's what you deserve."

Lafayette woke up in a cold sweat, his dark eyes the size of watermelons. "Zut." He turned his head, staring up at Hercules and involuntarily moved away.

Hercules stared at him. "...I-is something wrong?"

Lafayette flinched. "It's just... a dream... I don't..." He started mumbling in French, and Hercules pulled him close.

"It's okay, Laf. Everything's gonna be okay."

Lafayette swallowed and nodded, falling asleep again against Hercules' chest.

(super short, sorry)