s e v e n t e e n

alexander

The urge to dropkick Thomas into the sun was very, very strong, and he was seriously considering doing it when he heard Peggy call out, "Hey, Alex, mind if we show Tommy a picture or two?"

Alexander broke free of the fistfight and tilted his head. "What picture? Of wh—oh. No you don't." Alex reached across the table to take Lafayette's phone from Peggy's hand.

She waggled her finger at him. "Ah-ah-ah. If you didn't want us to take a picture, shouldn't of done it. But fiiiine. I'll delete it." Ignoring a gasp from Hercules and Lafayette, Peggy deleted the pictures.

Alex grinned smugly. Suddenly, Jefferson's phone dinged.

He pulled it out of his pocket, and panic rose in Alex. "What did you do?"

Jefferson burst out laughing and Alex almost strangled him, then Peggy.

"I thought you deleted it!" he snapped.

She grinned. "I did. I used the photo in recently deleted." She tossed the phone back to the Frenchman and grinned.

John glanced away from Madison and at Peggy. "Peggy, I will honest-to-god kill you."

Peggy gave him a pleasant smile. "Good luck."

Angelica and Eliza were still in a debate about movies, but upon hearing Jefferson start yelling, they turned to look. "Hey, Pegs, what's he yelling about?"

"Oh, you'll find out soon enough, Angel."

Thomas stood up in the booth. "They kissed. Alex and John kissed! Right on the sidewalk, too! Lafayette took a picture. Here, lemme send it to you guys."

Alexander's eyes widened. "Jefferson!" he snapped. John took his arm. "Chill, Alex, dude."

Alex frowned but obeyed. John texted him something under the table, and Alex felt a buzz in his pocket.

john & alex
turtleboi: alex
turtleboi: dude
ham sandwich: Yeah?
turtleboi: you do realize that it was your idea right
ham sandwich: What?
turtleboi: yah
turtleboi: to date
ham sandwich: Fuck.

Hamilton glanced up from under the table, his eyes wide at John. This totally backfired.

He stood up on his chair so he matched Jefferson's height.

Well, no, that wasn't true. Jefferson was 6'2, and Hamilton was 5'4. But he felt tall, and that was good enough.

"To set the record straight, John and I are not dating, and we only kissed to mess with Peggy, Laf, and Hercules. Besides, Herc and Laf are perfect, don't you think?" There was disappointment ringing in Alexander's voice—and he caught John's eye for a split second. John looked let down, too.

At Angelica's answer, Alex snapped his head back. "We're not talking about Laf and Herc—"

Peggy butted in, "Though they are a cute couple—"

Eliza finished. "—we're talking about you and John."

Hercules and Lafayette snorted. Alex notice Aaron grin too. James and Jefferson were sharing a glance.

Alex frowned. "We aren't dating!" he snapped, and Aaron leaned forward on the table.

With a twitch of his eyebrow, Aaron hissed coolly, "That doesn't mean you don't want to."

Alex's face flushed and he slumped back into the seat, too flustered to say anything.

He felt John tense next to him. The other was also bright red.

Alex tried one last time to change the subject. This time, it worked.

"So what about Herc and Laf?"

Guys, I'm past halfway to 1k reads. I just started this, I'm really excited to see where it goes. Thank you all!
Furthermore, I'm writing a JeffMads fanfiction. It's not in the same timeline as this one. Go read it, I'm excited for that one too.

Cranberry out.