t w e n t y - s i x

im so sorry for so much angst y'all came here for fluff and i gave you angst
i did like the opposite in my jeffmads book
sorry
the angst will be over soon :0

John's POV

They told.

John had been complaining about Alex's impulsiveness on the couch when the door slammed open and a wheezing Frenchman and wide-eyed immigrant flew into the room. "Shit!"

He jumped up, almost smacking Hercules in the face. "What?"

Hercules got up slower, placing his sketchbook on the couch cushions. "What happened?"

Alex looked terrible. John noticed quickly, he usually did, and his boyfriend looked like he'd just witnessed a mass murder.

Lafayette, though John barely noticed (his focus on his boyfriend), was hyperventilating and leaning against the cool wall of the living room.

John stepped closer. "Alexander?"

Alex glanced up at John. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, Laurens," he whispered, tone soft and cold. "He did it. Reynolds beat her. He said not to tell."

John looked dumbfounded. "He said not to tell? Why would he think—"

Lafayette and Hercules were having a similar interaction beside them.

"Just... He's dangerous, John, and I fear for the safety of Peggy, of Maria, of you."

Confusion flooded John's senses, burning a hole in his head. "WH-what? Of me? I'm fine!"

Alex stared at him like he didn't know who John was. "Please, be careful."

John pulled his boyfriend into an embrace. "I'll be fine," he whispered again, his reassurance empty. They pulled away, eyes locking. Alexander kissed him, and then smiled gently and stepped past him toward the couch.

hercules pov

Lafayette was shaking. "Hercules, mon cher, I'm scared! He told us not to tell, and we told, and—"

"Shh, it's okay." Hercules ran his hands through Laf's curls, an attempt to calm his panicking boyfriend down.

"It's not!" Lafayette gasped, but his feeble protests gave in and he hugged Hercules closer, breath shaky.

no pov

Everything was going wrong in the Hamilsquad's dorm. Nobody outside of it was aware, save for Reynolds himself. He knew. And he was angry. Angry at Alex and Laf, angry at Hercules and John, angry at Maria...