t w e n t y - e i g h t

john's pov

"...and then Eliza was all like, yo, dude, you're not go—"

As Alexander Hamilton was telling his story, (in which John was totally lost about) John Lauren's phone rang. "Ahh, shit, dude, sorry!" he said to his boyfriend, knowing Alex hated to be interrupted while he was speaking.

Alex only grinned at John, and as John checked his phone, he didn't recognize the number. Actually, there was no number. Someone had *67-ed him.

As "Unknown Number" flashed across his screen, John decided it was best to ignore it.

Tapping the end call button, John shoved his phone back in his pocket, took a sip of his coffee, and let Alex continue.

And as his boyfriend continued to speak, John felt his phone buzz aggressively.

They'd left a voicemail.

Alex, an impatient but amused smile plastered across his face, shook his head. "Check your voicemail. If they left you one, it's probably important," he pointed out.

John gave in, sheepishly smiling at his boyfriend and jumping from his chair, tapping listen on his phone and pressing it against his ear.

"Hello."

He almost responded. [silly turtle boy]

"This is John Laurens, yes? I'm calling to inform you that your boyfriend, Alexander Hamilton, is cheating on you with an Maria Lewis. He told you that James Reynolds beat her. He was lying. Don't call back. Don't ask where I got this information.

"As a concern for your relationship, I can only encourage you to break up with Alexander before you get hurt.

"Thank you."

A horribly aggressive beep sounded in his ear to signify the end of the voicemail.

John swallowed. What...? He... he's cheating? With... with Maria?

This was awful. John loved Alex! And he was cheating? John didn't deserve this. His palms grew sweaty, and he almost dropped his phone as he shakily made his way back to Alex.

But the guy on the phone was right.

Couldn't John just break up with Alexander?

Besides.

He didn't want to get hurt.

hey hey hey, mother cranberry here with another absolutely depressing and extremely short chapter to this hellhole i called a fluff book

good luck