~17~

Monday 1:24 AM.
Nuriana Phillips Garanger

I laid in bed not able to go to sleep. Maybe my marriage could work out. He didn't start hitting me until Chris came, now that he's gone maybe things will be different.

But I won't ever look at him the same. He's no longer the man I fell in love with 7 years ago. I've cheated on him on more than once by now. We'll never be the same. When I met Michael this was the last thing I ever thought was going to happen...

7 years ago...

I sat in the stands with Valentina as we watched the football game.

"I swear we got the best seats in the house, these niggas is fine!" Valentina said, fanning herself.

"How can you tell? They have helmets on."

"You just got to pay attention boo. Trust me, you'll see."

I didn't really want to go to the game but she insisted I spent more time outside of the studio. I was somewhat new to the game but I blew up pretty quickly. By the end of the game Val was dragging me to them to get a better look.

One in particular kept his eyes on me while the coach talked to the rest of the team. When the coach was done talking the guy started walking over to us.

"Oh my God, Nunu he's walking this way, HE'S WALKING OVER HERE!" She exclaimed.

"Calm down, it's not that serious."

"Hello ladies," he said.

"Hi," I smiled.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Nuri."

"That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he smiled his charming smile.

I'm sure Val was on the verge of falling out completely by the time we exchanged numbers.

The guy eventually became Michael and then he became my boyfriend. It was maybe our 10th date when he brought me to his house for the first time. We stumbled into his house kissing and giggling as we try to keep our balance.

He picked me up and took me into his room. He laid me on the bed before he started unbuttoning his shirt while smiling down at me. He started kissing my neck before he slid his hand under my dress. He rubbed my clit through my panties as I breathed heavily in between small moans.

He stood back up before he started unbuckling his belt.

"Wait..." I said sitting up.

"What?"

"I don't think I'm ready to that yet."

"We talked about this though," he said before kissing me.

"I know but it's another thing when you actually do it. I don't think I can."

"I thought we agreed to this," he said before he started kissing me on my neck.

"Not really. It's completely against my religion to do something like that, of course you wouldn't understand it," I said causing him to look at me.

"I just don't think there's a such thing. I ain't never seen no nigga walk on water."

"Because you haven't seen Jesus. You can believe what you want it's gonna be your ass burning in hell with the rest of the none believers, but I don't want to throw my morals out the window just because I'm with you."

"So what do you want to do? Wait until marriage?" He chuckled as if it was a joke but he stopped when he noticed I wasn't laughing with him.

"You're serious?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Yes," I said before he moved to sit next to me.

"Marriage is... a whole nother thing," he said before I stood up in front of him.

"Exactly! That's why I want to wait," I smiled while I cupped his face in my hands.

"We can still do other things," I said as I climbed onto his lap. "Just not that."

I kissed him before laying him back on the bed. I put my hand in his pants as I deepened the kiss while stroking him. I kissed his chest as I moved down before finally putting him in my mouth. When I was done I came back up only for him to pin me to the bed before inserting his two fingers inside of me.

A year later he proposed and 6 months after that I became his wife. Now that I look back I question whether he proposed because he loved me or because he didn't want to wait anymore. I like to believe that it was both, hopefully.