~16~

Nuriana Phillips Garanger

"You're confusin' me, what happened?" Valentina asked.

"Nothing... everything will work itself out," I said, causing Val and my dad to share a look before we heard a knock at the door.

Michael walked in causing my dad to roll his eyes.

"I guess that's our que," he said, getting up before him and Val walked out.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to check on you."

"I want a divorce. You're never gonna change, Michael."

He hurried over to me and wrapped his hands around my neck choking me.

"You listen to me, we aren't gettin' a divorce. You. Belong. To. Me. Understood?" He said causing me to nod.

"I'll kill you and whoever else tries to come between us, you know I will don't you?" He said and I nodded.

He let me go with a smirk on his face.

"It's just you and me baby, us against the world," he smiled.

The doctor came in to check on me and said I was good to go but I would need to take a break for a week just to ensure my safety. Me, Michael, my dad, and Valentina road back to the bus. Just like that it was like nothing happened, nobody noticed.

When Chris came back I immediately followed him to the back so I could explain. But how can I? No matter how hard I try I can't get away from this man.

"I don't even know who the fuck you are, I don't know if I ever did know," he said before walking past me.

I should've said more, I should've tried to make him stay but maybe I shouldn't have. I drug him into this not knowing what I wanted or where to go. Maybe it's best for him to leave until I figure out how to get away from Michael, on my own.