~2~

Sunday 7:14 AM

Sunday 7:14 AM.
Nuriana Phillips Garanger

I opened my eyes but it was still a blur. I couldn't see out of my right eye all the way and I knew it was swollen. My nose felt stuffed up and I could take a lucky guess as to what. I sat up and luckily the rest of my body was fine.

My hair was still damp when it touched my neck. The carpet was stained and looking at it only made me even more scared to look at my face, because I knew it would look way worse than the carpet.

I got up and realized my left ankle wasn't in it's best shape, I must've twisted it when I fell last night. I limped to the bathroom and saw that my right eye was swollen and the other a black eye. My neck had a ring around it and my nose bled all over my face last night, there was a bruise on my cheek from when he slapped me.

I wanted to cry but it only hurt more when I let myself do that, mentally and physically. As I wiped off the blood Michael came into the bathroom. I stiffened and he noticed.

"Baby can we talk?" He asked.

I turned around and with seeing him up close I see that I did scratch him pretty bad. Unlike him I won't be trying to take that back.

"I need to get ready," I said before walking out of the bathroom.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I was drunk and angry and-"

"If you can remember exactly what happened last night, you obviously weren't drunk enough to blame it on the liquor," I spat.

"You're right, there's no excuse for what I did last night and I'm sorry. Truly," he said, stepping close to me causing me to back away.

"I don't want you to be afraid of me but if we're going to be together we need to be able to trust each other," he said.

"Coming from your mouth that sounds really stupid," I said.

"Good, that means we're on the same page," he said.

"Hardly," I said before I walked to my beauty room.

"Do you want anything to eat? Martha's got the day off," he said.

I rolled my eyes before saying, "it's gonna take more than some food this time."

"And I'm willing to do what I have to do," he said before he walked away.

I did my makeup to the best of my abilities before I went into our closet to pick out my outfit. I put on a black turtle neck crop top, some black high water jeans, and a grey fur coat. I matched it with some black heeled booties and some big dark cat eye sunglasses.

I put my hair in a bun, deciding I wasn't exactly in the mood to fool around with it today. I searched the room for my phone before I found it under the bed.

I picked it up to see I got a missed call from my Mom. I called back and she answered on the first ring.

"Why the hell haven't you been answering your phone?" She asked.