~1~

12:32 AM

12:32 AM.
Nuriana Phillips Garanger

"I'd like to make a toast. Nuri, you are incredible. You have blossomed into a beautiful young woman and soon you'll be 25 years old. Anyway, tonight you are showing the world a new creation of yours. Everyone, I present to you Nuri's new album, Chances," my sister Valentina said before the first track to my album filled the room.

Tonight is my launch party for my new album. It seems like no matter how many times I make a new one the cycle never gets old, at least not to some people.

"Hey baby," my husband Michael said in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey," I said dryly before taking another sip from my drink.

"When are you going to stop being mad at me?" He asked.

"When you stop inviting my enemy to my events," I replied.

"Your mother in law should not be your enemy," he said.

"You're right... But that doesn't change the fact that she is," I said before walking away.

"Hey, your manager is on the phone," Valentina said, referring to our Mom.

"Tell her to take a message," I said before taking a sip from my drink and starting to walk away.

"She said it can't wait," she said before I walked back over to her.

I took the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hello," I answered dryly.

"Nuriana, I need you awake and alert tomorrow morning," my mom said.

"Why?" I asked as I picked up a cinnamon roll off the table.

"Because Christopher Barns wants you to sing at his birthday party on Thursday and that's a deal you can't pass up," she replied, referring to a famous Quarterback.

"Actually I can," I said before taking a bite out of the cinnamon roll.

"You need some extra publicity before your tour, so go home, get some beauty rest so that you can secure the bag tomorrow," she said before hanging up.

I handed Valentina back her phone before looking at the time on my watch. I started walking while still looking at my watch before I bumped into somebody's chest.

"Damn, my fault," he said as he helped me up.

"No, I wasn't looking where I was going. Sorry," I said before I got a good look at him.

He had chocolate brown skin and a nicely groomed beard. His hair was cut into a top fade and he had diamond studs in his ears that could blind anyone. His muscles fit into his black Tommy Hilfiger shirt nicely.

"I'm Chris. Yo new album is dope, I can vibe to it," he said.

"Wait, Christopher Barns?" I asked.