2 - Long Time Friends

Chapter 2

A few days later

Logan's POV

After Emma told me that Chris was the only one who could do the transfusion my hopes fell, and crashed on the floor. I couldnt talk to him still because he was "unconscience", so I had to wait to talk to him. I really hadn't told the guys what was going on, I just took it all by myself.

But still, why him?

I mean from all the people in the hospital capable of doing the damn transfusion, why him?

I drove to my house, the guys were waiting for me, I entered the house. Carlos had Ryan in his arms and Mia was coloring on the coffee table in the living room.

"So?" Kendall asked, at the door way.

"Jackie needs a transfusion, and unfortunately Chris is the only one able." I sighed.

"So what are you going to do, when were you planning to tell is?"James asked, pushing up his glasses.

"I know, I'm sorry guys I just kinda wanted to be alone these last few day, and I-I don't know, I guess I have to get some sort of arrangement with him. Because if not...." I didn't finish my sentence, I didn't want Mia hearing her mom could possibly die, that's something a seven year old shouldn't hear.

"We're sorry bro." Carlos said handing Ryan over to me. The guys left, and I sat on the couch.

"Hey there bud. I bet you miss your mom right? Don't worry she'll be back before you know it." I said, running my finger on his small arm. Mia looked up at me, and smiled.

"Really? When?" she asked cheerfully.

"Soon, I promise." I said lying, not wanting to break her heart with the truth. I looked at Ryan, he had Jacqueline's eyes, so big and beautiful, he had my dark brown hair, and my dimples. I loved the way he wrapped his tiny fragile, soft hand around my index finger, closing his eyes in comfort, it made me smile even though I was going through a tough time. My phone began vibrating, I looked at caller ID and it was my long time friend Demi, I answered.

"Hello?" I answered, Ryan opened his eyes at the sound of my voice.

"Hey! Logan, I'm sorry about what happened. I thought that maybe you want to grab a bite, or I could take something to eat at your place, you know to talk?" Demi said.

"Yeah sure, that's fine, I'll wait for you here. Okay, see ya then." I replied hanging up, Mia looked up again at me.

"Who's coming? Mommy?" she asked, I shook my head no.

"Uh no, actually my friend Demi is coming, so please be nice and behave." I said, she smiled and went back to coloring.

Thirty minutes later the doorbell rang, I put Ryan in the crib-pen in the living room. I ran to the door, opening it, letting Demi enter. She had bags in her hands, I kissed her cheek greeting her. I led her to the kitchen, once she freed her hands she gave me a big hug. Demi and I grew up in Texas together, and my mom was her acting coach so we were pretty close. She pulled away, having her hands on my shoulders.

"I'm really sorry about what's going on, but if you need anything, you know I'm here for you." she said running up and down her hands on my arms. Mia entered the room, Demi saying hello to her. We decided to eat in the living room so I could keep an eye on Ryan. Before we sat down to eat Demi took a glimpse of Ryan.

"Aww, he's so adorable. He looks just like you Logie-Bear!" she teased, I took a seat, and shook my head.

"Don't call me that you know I hate it." I half smiled, Demi sat on the couch next to the crib. Since it was cornered between where I was seating and where she was. She brought chicken cesear salads, and Mia a cheeseburger. After Mia finished, Mia left for upstairs to play with her dolls.

"So how's the little one taking it?" Demi asked in a whisper, I shrugged.

"I don't know, I try to you know, fake everything is fine. But it's not, it's hard for me to assimilate that maybe she might not come back." I said, my eyes getting watery. Demi took ahold of my hand wrapping it with both of hers.

"C'mon Logan, you know that's not true. Jacqueline is strong enough to go through with this." she said, I half smiled.

"Thanks, I just can't live without her anymore. I love her and I-I don't know what'll happen if one d-day she's g-gone." I stammered, Demi stood up and sat next to me hug me.

"Everything'll be okay, Logan you have to have faith. Soon everything will be back to normal." she said comforting me. She stood up walking over to the crib, asking if she could hold him, I nodded. She bent over, taking Ryan in her arms and cradling him.

"Hey, hey there baby. Oh my gosh, he's so cute, and chubby." she said looking over at me. She walked around with him, Ryan cooing at her smiling. I looked to the floor, just imagining that soon Jackie would be here, taking care of Ryan, Mia and me.

"So how did you guys fall in love?" Demi snapped me into reality.

"What?" I asked.

"I said how did you and Jackie meet. You're daddy isn't a very good listener isn't he, then again he never was." Demi smirked looking at Ryan then at me.

"Ah, it's a long story, but to get to the point. She showed up started singing, lived with us, and we fell in love. Then her ex-boyfriend still wanted to be in the picture. She didn't want him, then my ex showed up and you know, we got to where we are now." I said.

"Sounds like you should send your story to a tv producer for a soap opera." Demi said, that's what I liked about her. She always finds the sense of humor even in a bad situation. Even though she did go through rehab, and all that, Demi was still that same caring, sweet Texan, just like me. She said she had to go, she handed Ryan over to me, kissing my cheek, and saying goodbye.

"Bye Logan, and if you ever need anything, or someone to talk to, you have my number." she said winking at me, I nodded and she left. I put Ryan's head on my shoulder, and a funky smell greeted me.

"Whoa, someone needs a diaper change, no wonder Demi left." I said, I took him upstairs into his nursery. I changed his diaper and he began crying, I assumed he was hungry. Luckily the nursery had been equipped with a dresser, that had a cabinet under, that held bottled water, and the formula, and clean bottles. I prepared the bottle, making me gag, at the horrible smell of it. Since Jackie wasn't here to breastfeed, I took Ryan out of his crib, and I sat on the recliner, swaying back and forth giving him his bottle.

"How can you like this stuff huh? It's worse than uncle Kendall's 'Holy Crap' cereal." I said, Ryan just looked at me with wide eyes. Mia came running in asking if Demi left, I nodded and told her to get ready for bed.

"Daddy, is it okay if I sleep with you tonight?" she asked, I nodded. She danced happily out of the room, and into hers. I looked over at Ryan who began to close his eyes, it felted my heart seeing him, I began to sing softly to him.

"It's like I'm falling in love all over again, for the first time, and I know that it feels right."

Mia came in, dressed in her nightgown. I changed Ryan into something clean, and snug, and we headed to my bedroom. We got into the covers, Mia falling fast asleep. I had Ryan on my bare chest, I enjoyed seeing him sigh, and his back rising and falling from every breath he took. I made sure I was careful enough not to crush him. I loved having both my kids with me, but it killed me not having my wife next to me.

And to make things worse, I had to talk to Chris, because now my wife's life was in his hands.

~~~~~

What'd you guys think of the 2nd chapter?

Any thoughts on Demi and Logan's long time friendship?

What'll happen when Logan talks to Chris?

Will Chris ask for anything in return?