19 - Mere

Chapter 19

NOTE: Minor alcohol reference

Few days later

Your POV

Waking up was never a dread, I always woke up fresh and awake. Energized to take on the days challenge. But nothing could've prepared me for what I saw that morning on the plasma.

Pictures, videos playing over and over again. Both of them at that restaurant deliberately sucking each others faces off. It made my stomach lurch with uneasiness. My entire world shattered, you'd think I'd be used to all this bullshit.

But how can I when one day we both solemnly promised eternal love for each other? When both of us promised to be faithful until death did us apart? How can I not be affected when I was half dead and I heard him sobbing saying he had to leave me, but didn't want to.

Because he 'loved' me.

Now that's long gone, everything is Demi now. She's his entire world right now, along with Mia and Ryan. Now I'm the pathetic single ex.

***

I slumped down the stair way, in my empty home. Natalie and Leslie had left back for Long Beach, since Kendall's wedding was over. Kendall and Emma had left for a two month cruise along the Pacific Ocean, while the three boys filmed the fourth season excluding Kendall's scenes.

Ryan and Mia weren't home either, they were with Logan the entire week, so that meant I was alone with Derek.

"Good morning love." Derek greeted cheerfully with a glass of orange juice at the bottom of the staircase.

"Morning Derek." I smiled kissing his cheek.

"Hmm, there's something about you that I greatly dislike my love." he complained when I pulled away.

"And what could that be?" I asked curiously taking a sip of my juice.

"Your posture, now if I may..." he paced his hand between my shoulder blades, making me stand up straight. "that's more like it, ready to face on the world."

I smiled, following him to the living room where he had laid out an entire breakfast buffet on the coffee table.

"Derek that's a lot of food, even for you." I pointed out.

"Oh it's just not for myself, listen Jacqueline. Lately since... well those vulgar pictures of your ex, you've been deteriorating yourself."

I furrowed my eyebrows, pretending to be stupid and not know what he was talking about. I took a seat on the floor crossing my legs.

Derek sat across from me, expanding a napkin across his lap and proceeding, serving his plate. I looked at my white porcelain dish.

Empty.

Just how I felt without him, my lungs suffocating me with no air. Forcing me to breath with no purpose, because that purpose was gone. Walked out of my life with no chance of ever coming back now. Ever.

"Jackie? Listen I know that all of this has really put you over the edge. You feel unloved, unwanted, and totally understand you. But what if we go out tonight. Just the two of us?" Derek asked me, his sea blue eyes flashing warmth.

"Go out like as a date with dinner, music.."

"No my love, just two great friends going out to a discotheque. Have a great time forget about everything for one night." Derek explained. "You know let loose."

I picked at some peaches I had served myself, debating whether to accept or not Derek's invitation.

"I mean if you don't want to go that's fine. For today, but you'll go out with me before I go back to Yorkshire. Have to live a little you know."