31 - Patronized

Chapter 31

"Alright Ms. Gosling, your officially discharged." the doctor grumbled. He twirled in his chair giving me a few papers to sign and a prescription for a me medication that would help boost my immune system.

Whatever that meant.

I hopped off the examination table and made my way to the door, Emma was waiting for me with my jacket. She smiled walking towards me and hugging me, I hugged back. She let go giving me my jacket. I slipped into the sleeves and zipped it closed before going to the reception's desk and asking about Logan. The nurse smiled and nodded saying he was located in room 234 on the second floor. I was nervous it'd been several weeks since I'd last seen him and Mia and Ryan while we're at it. I missed my children dearly, all I wanted was to scoop them into my arms and never let them go. Ever.

That would all happen soon.

The plaque of room 234 glistened as I turned the handle and pushed the heavy wooden door. There he lay in his bed. A feeling of déjà vu hit me seeing him like this, but this it was different. This time he was awake and vigilant to his surroundings. He wasn't in coma nor was he oblivious to who I was. He knew who I was and I knew exactly who he was.

He was Logan Henderson, the boy I dreamed ever since BTR started. Now he was mine and I was his, nothing could ever beat that. Not the entire money the world could possibly offer me in exchange. Not even the death threats I received from his million worldwide fans he had. Because of course he belonged to his fans, but emotionally he belonged to me.

Only.

His smile made me weak at the knees making them into jelly, his white straight teeth and dimples made me swoon. I held my cool as I walked over to his side, I planted a small but meaningful peck on his lips. I looked into his dark chocolate eyes and removed the eyelash that was in the way. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now that you're here. Thought I'd go crazy here all alone, you're free?" he made a face that made me squeal.

"Yeah." I replied cooly, I squared my shoulders, but kept a firm grip around his hand. "I'm going to see the kids. It's been an eternity now, I would probably bet that Ryan has forgotten who his mother is."

Even his chuckle made me go crazy like the first time I heard it. "No, it'd be impossible to forget some one as beautiful as you."

I blushed.

"Logan I need to tell you something." I said finally gaining control of the situation.

"Well? What is it? You aren't leaving me again are you?" His raised eyebrow making me laugh, I shook my head no as I kissed him. Our lips meshed together expertly as his hand may its way behind my neck pulling me closer. My brain begged for air, but I ignored it. Finally we broke off and our foreheads were against each other.

"Never again." I muttered kissing him once more. "It just something I need to do somewhere."

He sat up straight and I took a seat next to him. "Where?"

"The Los Angeles Police Department."

***

I knew that coming here would come and bite me in the ass, Logan had begged and pleaded me not to come here. Some of the officers had done a very profound inspection of my purse and made me leave it at the front desk. I walked through three gates and a metal detector that made me take off my brown leather belt.

I walked through a heavy metal door and found a bunch of tables arranged and some of its residents with family members.

"You've got thirty minutes." A gruff voice barked, an officer had lead me here and was to remain nearby but with strict orders to not listen to our conversation. I nodded my response but was intimidated by his height and bulkiness. Some people were walking freak shows.