24 - A Vineyard

Chapter 24

Your POV

I smiled at Ryan, and at Mia who were now at my home. For now.

My parents had also come to Natalie's proposal, nothing was mentioned as to why they were also tagging along. Carlos had rented out a vineyard for a proposal, James also asked Carlos if he could do a double proposal, Carlos agreed.

Both my younger and older sister were about to have their hands asked in marriage. How sweet!

The only one lonely was Logan, and I. This what not intended, he and I were supposed to be married. Our house filled with the sound of tiny feet running in the house. Instead I was a bitter lonely pop star.

"So what are we honing to do mommy?" Mia asked.

"Hmm.. Well it's a surprise for Aunt Natalie and Leslie." I replied, she nodded pretending to know what I was talking about. I half smiled, being a kid was easier than being an adult.

"Who's bringing us back?" she asked.

"Well I am! Two days and we're back." I replied.

Mia nodded content with my answer, she soon left playing with her doll set. Ryan was in the swing set, awed by the colors that shined before him.

***

The week passed fast, before I knew it was time to head out to the vineyard house. Everyone was staying at the ranch for two days. It was a grand house, numerous rooms. Carlos, the kids and I were the first to arrive, Emma and Kendall followed. James was next, Demi and Logan were the last to arrive.

Typical.

I was in the den, reading a book close t o the window, when I saw his car pull up. I quickly closed my book setting it aside on the side table. I quietly spied on them opening the the drapes carefully.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped on the couch, turning around to find Emma at the doorway. "Nothing."

"Really? Seemed like you were spying on Demi and Logan."'she said raising her eyebrow and crossing her arms.

"No, just checking who it was, but it's whatever." I said standing up. Emma shrugged, I headed it out of the den and to my room. I heard the door open, soon chattering was heard. I felt so alone, I felt that everyone was against me.

I looked out the window, everyone was outside. My kids, my friends, my ex. Then it was just me, alone.

I took my phone out, quickly dialing the one person who could make me feel better.

"Hello?" I said as soon as I heard the line stop ringing.

"Missing me love?" I heard him chuckle, I smiled.

"You have no idea." I replied. Derek chuckled once more.

"I'd have to say the same, what are you up to?" be asked. I quickly told him the story and where I was and what I was doing at that moment.

"Sounds hard. Try not to let it get to you love, man I wish I could be there." he sighed.

"How's your dad right now?" I asked.

"Fine, he's gotten better. Still in the hospital for observation though." he replied, I walked over to the window looking out.

"I wish you were here too, everyone's outside while I'm here alone." I whined childishly, Derek chuckled.

"Well go! Make a statement, show them you're a beautiful woman who can take her ex's stupid bullcrap." Derek encouraged, I smiled nodding.

"Yeah you're right. Thanks Derek, I miss you and please come back soon." I said, we said our goodbyes and I hung up. I looked into the mirror smoothing the wrinkles from my shirt. I picked up my wild curls into a bun, making myself presentable.