34 - Vacant

Chapter 34

The vacancy that sat in my heart is a space that now you hold.

The feeling of a tightening stomach seemed to spread all over my body now. My fingers felt cold and numb, my brown hair was picked up into a braided headband and the short veil was pinned to it neatly. I looked at the mirror staring back at me.

My brown eyes seemed to pop with all the sultry colors Martha -the makeup artist I first met at the interview Logan and I gave- picked out. The sheerness of the dress seemed to flow as I moved. It grazed the floorboards and the lace on the midriff added a sense of elegance. It was way more beautiful than the first dress I had used. Emma handed me the yellow and lavender bouquet of flowers while Katie helped me put on the necklace Logan first gave me. Katie's eyes reddened as she finished up, it wasn't easy to accept the fact that the guy we knew for so long -and she loved had lost his life because of desperation and anxiety.

Toby would be missed.

I breathed deeply as they left me alone in the room. I paced back and forth. Sure enough I'd gone to plenty of weddings and even so my own. But this was the one, this was the one where we finally sealed off all our pain, our heartbreaks, and our exhaustion.

Logan and I were closing the finally chapter of deception, regret, remorse, and of course misunderstanding. Because in reality that's what it's all about.

Communication.

Sure it might be that new-age crap everyone talks about, but it's true. If both of us had sat down with two mocha lattes and talked about what happened none of this would have happened.

But then again, maybe our love wouldn't have grown into something stronger.

Something better.

I took ahold of the small pendant hanging from the necklace and just smiled. I looked out the window and was surrounded by green trees. We had both decided to get married right at the place that we had gotten lost. With all the right permits and a handful amount of cash to build the perfect scenery,my fairy tale story was brought to life.

I was the damsel in distress and he, Logan was my Prince Charming. Throughout all the kingdom he saw many women and yet he decided to see me. Like any fairy tale evil did its job, but I think deep down knew Chris wouldn't be able to put a permanent wedge between us both.

A knock on the door interrupted my thinking, I was startled by remained poised. "Come in."

Derek came in looking dashing, his mouth was agape as he eyed. "You look beautiful Love. Logan is a very lucky man."

The corner of my mouth curled into a smile and Derek gave me an award winning smirk. "Thank you."

I bit my lip and looked at him. "It's time."

***

The way it had been set up reminded me of Twilight's wedding, but you really couldn't compare it. My wedding was real, I gripped onto Derek's forearm if it was my life line. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I saw him stand up straight, looking handsome in an ivory crease-less suit and tie.

My dad wasn't walking me down the aisle, he'd have his turn with Leslie and Natalie. I asked Derek, after all I really owed him much. All the little lights sparkled up the night and everyone's eyes were on me as I made way towards him.

The only thing that mattered right now was he and I, and also to not trip on the roses Mia had dropped in front of me, as I reached him I stopped beforehand and kissed Derek on his cheek whispering in his ear.