17 - Scrubs

Chapter 17

Your POV

Waking up to a bitter taste in my mouth wasn't the best way to get up. But the taste on my lips was as sweet as honey, his lips to be exact.

I traced my fingertips on my lips, sensitive to the touch. I sighed heavily, climbing out of bed and into the restroom, taking a long bath. As you could say I scrubbed all my troubles away, well at least for now.

I stepped out of the tub, wrapping a towel over me. I turned the tv, flipping through the channels when something caught my attention.

"NEW COUPLE ALERT!?"

I sat on the edge of the bed, unwrapping my head towel, rustling it on my hair for a quick dry.

"Paparazzi cameras caught, lovebirds Demi Lovato and Logan Henderson, smooching on a balcony. Right after Logan's fellow bandmate Kendall Schmidt's wedding. Could this be Demi's new conquest right after Valderrama and Jonas? And this be a new beginning start from failed first marriage to Jackie?" the anchor for entertainment block froze me. I had no words or thoughts, a image says a thousand words doesn't it?

"Well either way this is a beautiful couple. Lets hope this relationship does last."

There it was, the picture, the damned picture.

Both of them kissing, right there, right in the spot where he said he "loved me." Right where he pleaded me to admit my feelings for him once more. How shallow, and forgetful can someone be?

How can you face someone, tell them you love them and the next day you see them on tv kissing someone else?

How pathetic, how lame, how stupid was I to believe him again? Making my heart jump once more when he said those words last night. The only thing I had left now was my dignity, my pride is what held me together. The best part is that I refused to reveal my true feelings towards him. It was a bittersweet victory, but he wasn't going to see me fall, even if he wanted to.

Logan's plan had backfired.

Logan's POV

"I thought nobody was around!" I exclaimed through the phone.

"I know I looked around also and I didn't see anyone, I guess it was a lucky shot." Demi replied through the other side.

"Do you know what this is gonna do?" I asked frantically. "Jackie's not going to take me back, at all. I played this card once and I don't think I'm going to have a second shot."

"And what makes you think she's going to take you back huh?" she shot back defensively. "I mean cause look around, open your eyes, she threw you out of the house, she said it loud and clear that she didn't want you back. What more proof do you want Logan?"

"Words have no meaning, at least not between us. It's the actions, it's the way she looks at me, the way she trembles when she's close to me. The way she almost gave in last night." I explained.

"I'm sorry Logan. I guess I didn't see it that way. I just wanted to I don't know, break the curse, or the enchantment you're in."

"What enchantment?" I curiously asked chucking.

"Well the one she's got you in, it's like a hypnotic stage you're in. As crazy and bizarre as that may sound to you." she explained mumbling.

"It's not crazy but, that hypnotic stage that you described a few seconds ago, is called love." I replied.

"Well either way what do we do now? I mean the picture has spread all over the Internet, everyone in the world has seen it. Do we keep this up?" she asked.

"Keep what up?"

"This faux relationship, between us.? I mean we could say it was something friends would do..."

"Oh yeah that sounds believable more like friends with benefits." I snickered.

"Shut up, I'm trying to think of something to save your ass. Well maybe we could keep this a little longer a week or so and then breakup?" she suggested.

"And what happens after? You go your way and I'll go mine?" I asked.

"Well yeah, we could do that 'we're just good friends' crap. I mean everyone's doing it right now."

I guess I could agree on that part, everyone was breaking up, and saying they were 'friends'. For example, Zoe Saldaña and Bradley Cooper, Demi herself and Joe. So what if we did come up with that terrible excuse?

"Alright I'm in." I said.

"Perfect."

Your POV

"I don't want to hear it Derek." I said once I hit the bottom step of the stairway, taking my fingers through my hair.

"I know you don't but it won't stop me by saying I told you so, my love." he smirked, I huffed letting out a breath.

"Sometimes I just hate it when you're right." I mumbled.

"Well either way, breakfast is served, Ryan and Mia are somewhat prepared and well, all that's left is you." he chuckled, I smiled, taking his hand that he had out for me and took me to the dining area. Where just as he had said, he had prepared.

Ryan was in his high chair, Mia stuffing his face with blueberry muffin bits. Mia turned around looking at me with a bright smile.

"Good morning mommy." she said cheerfully.

"Hey princess, how'd ya sleep?" I asked going to her and kissing Ryan's chubby cheek.

"Very well mommy, how 'bout you?" she asked back politely.

"Me too, you like breakfast sweetheart?"

"Yes very much mommy, Derek is a very good cook." she looked at Derek who winked at her.

Hmm...

Since when did my daughter take such a sudden liking to a guy who -to her thinking was going to replace her father- days ago she despised? It didn't matter because I didn't have any trouble now, I didn't have to worry about Mia giving me such a hard time about Derek now.

I took a seat next to Ryan, cleaning his tray from all the crumbs and giving him the bottle that he couldn't reach.

My phone began to beep, implying I had a text message. Derek handed it over to me not looking at the lit up screen. I swiped the screen unlocking it, taking me directly to the message.

"I can explain." - Logan

~~~~~

What's the explanation?

Muahaha, oxoxox. ;)

Vote&Comment