Chapter 39

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you
'Cause I'll forget but I'll never forgive you
Don't you know, don't you know?
True friends stab you in the front
It's funny how, things work out
Such a bitter irony, like a kick right to the teeth

~ True Friends by Bring Me The Horizon

The Jinchuuriki Alliance (Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 39 - True Friends

Recap:

"Hey, Jiji," They all heard Naruto's voice drawl with a sliver of excitement in his tone, the ninja in the Hokage's office glanced at each other in slight panic because they were so not prepared for this. "You'll never guess what we found toda-"

Naruto stepped into the room and froze. He knew everyone in the room, except for two figures sporting long black coats with red clouds on them. He knew that those symbols were the symbols for the Akatsuki. And he instantly growled as he stared at them.

"Naruto?" Sasuke raised his eyebrow as he saw his teammate standing at the doorway and nudged him aside so he could enter. "What's wrong-"

His eyes landed on his brother.

"I-Itachi..."

His brother's eyes softened and he smiled at the shocked expression that he expected to receive.

"Hello, otouto."

End Recap

"Hello Otouto."

When Sasuke heard the voice of the sole person responsible for annihilating the entirety of his clan, he snapped out of the trance-like state that he was in and let out a roar.

A gust of wind blew around him as he focussed all of his chakra into his hand. The shocks of untamed electricity swarmed around his fist and he leapt into action, eager to slam the Chidori straight into Itachi's chest; he wanted to rupture his heart like Sasuke's heart was ruptured after the Uchiha massacre.

He wanted to murder his brother. "Who does he think he is?!" Sasuke thought angrily as he extended his arm. The expression on Itachi's face: a small smile gracing his lips as his eyes were filled with boredom, it made Sasuke want to murder him.

Sasuke didn't even notice the flash of silver in his way.

He was held by his wrist as the chakra of his Chidori dissipated, he was left pulling and trying to tear away his hand roughly, but Kakashi didn't let him move an inch. For an older man, he was still as strong as he was in his prime.

"Sasuke." Kakashi spoke, standing his ground against Sasuke's screams and cries for him to let go so he could kill him.

"I need to kill him, Kakashi! I need to fulfil my revenge!"

Sakura covered her mouth with her hand in shock at the situation and Naruto was standing, frozen, glancing from Itachi, to Sasuke, to Jiraiya and back to Itachi.

Kakashi shook his head, "Shinobi need to pay attention to their surroundings, Sasuke."

Sasuke pulled his hand back and stared at the sight before him. He did as Kakashi asked automatically and his jaw dropped slightly as he became even more confused.

"Why are you here?!"

Itachi chuckled, "Oh, my foolish little brother-"

"Don't you fucking call me that!" Sasuke snapped, itching to bring chakra in his hand again and create another Chidori just to wipe that smug expression off from Itachi's face.