Chapter 32

Next chapter is up!

Also, did you know I was the first Jinchuuriki stories on Wattpad? A follower told me and I felt really happy.

Onto the official start of the Chuunin Exams!

~ Wolfie

________________________________

Faking smiles and confidence, driving miles to capture this excitement.
We don't have to talk, we don't have to dance,
We don't have to smile, we don't have to make friends.
It's so nice to meet you, let's never meet again

~ We Don't Have To Dance by Andy Black

The Jinchuuriki Alliance (Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 32 - Prepare For The Worst

Silence reigned over the large arena as the two male Shinobi stood in silence, staring at each other with hardened expressions on their faces.

It was common knowledge that in a battle, the one who moves first would be at an advantage, although it injures pride for not being able to stay still and patient. Many Shinobi knew this, however, civilians didn't know this, so they were muttering to themselves and their peers, wondering why the two ninja, who were meant to be fighting against each other, were motionless.

"Why don't they just fight?" A bulky civilian male questioned, his patience wearing thin. "I came to see a fight!" Many civilians murmured in agreement.

A few seats away, Akane rolled her eyes and turned to look at him. "This is why you are a civilian, and we are ninja." Hinata muffled a snicker with her hand and giggled softly, while Sakura laughed loudly.

~*~*~

Eventually, Kaoru couldn't wait anymore, he wanted the fight over and done with.

Plus, he knew that Sena was quick. Very quick. He was a Taijutsu user who relied on his speed to beat his opponent, so thinking about it, if Kaoru moved first, he would be able to outrun the shorter brunette.

Kaoru's Genjutsu worked when an opponent makes eye contact with him, so he assumed that Sena was already susceptible to his Genjustu. He tilted his head and narrowed his eyes.

'No.' Kaoru thought. 'He's not looking at me.'

True enough, Sena was looking at Kaoru, but not into his eyes. Sena was staring in the middle of Kaoru's eyebrows, which granted the illusion that he was looking at him, but in reality, if he continued looking where he was looking (the forehead), he was safe from the Genjutsu.

"Interesting." Kaoru spoke with a smirk.

The clown-marked Kiri ninja jumped forward and flipped his cards out, and in a split second threw them at Sena, aiming for all areas of his body, his head, torso and legs. Thinking that it would be easy, because Sena was simply just standing there, staring at him with a blank expression, he thought that it would be simple.

The silhouette of Sena vanished a split second before the cards made their way to impale him, and Kaoru was on guard for an attack from behind as he felt a tiny disruption in the air a few metres away from his back. Spinning in the air, he dropped to the ground and boosted himself on the concrete and threw a punch at the shorter boy. Sena, again, vanished in a split second and from the other side of Kaoru, threw a barrage of kunai and shuriken at the clown.

Kaoru caught two kunai, and used them to block the other shuriken that was attacking him.

"I apologise for not looking into your eyes, I know it's rude." Sena said with a smile, politely. "However, I know that if I do, I will be caught in your Genjutsu." He justified.