CHAPTER 1: The Big Interview

ALLY

I recently have turned twenty-two years old and have been living with my brother, Drake, now for two weeks and still haven't found a job yet anywhere. That is until he told me the other day there was a job opening where he works at and happens to be best friends with his boss, who happened to be looking for a new assistant. At first I was hesitant because he's the photographer for all the pictures and knows his boss very well and was afraid that he might not hire me cause I'm Drake's sister. But Drake promised that things would be fine.

He did try and warn me also about his boss, Parker and how hard it is for him to keep assistants and to work for him from how demanding he is, but I think I should be fine.

I might not be up to date with a lot of things but everybody knows about Parker Upton and his reputation and I also knew what kind of assistants he hires and I knew I wouldn't be at the top of the list but Drake made me promise to go and not to worry.

So now I find myself getting ready for an interview that I hopefully nail and get then maybe I can get enough experience to eventually be able to one day have my own company for curvy and big beautiful women.

Even though for the last few years things have been coming out more about embracing being different in every way including sizes. So this I know would help me out a lot on my resume. Which also was another thing that had me excited.

So finally after wrapping up getting ready, I headed downstairs outside to Drake's car as he was already waiting to take me to work with him. Which was another perk in that we could carpool.

We listen to music and he plays Luke Bryan which was one of the many things we had in common and had always bonded over, our love for country music.

"Hey you know Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Keith Urban, and a few other great country artists are coming into town in a month and guess who got front row seats...." He says as he pulls out four tickets from his shirt pocket as we stopped at a red light.

"Oh my god!" I tell him excited.

"Well hold on a minute, who says I'm taking you?" He winks and teases.

"Well who else would you invite? You have four tickets. Are you gonna bring three other people without including me, seriously?" I playfully slap him on the arm.

"Shit. Alright alright." He laughs. "You can go, I guess." He smiles and the light then turned green and we began driving off.

"Jerk." I tease.

A few moments later, after stopping by Starbucks and grabbing some drinks and breakfast, we parked underground in the parking structure of the office building that happened to be fifteen stories high covered in windows and looked very professional as well as intimidating for sure.

Drake's studio was a couple floors down from the top floor which is where I needed to go.

The moment I stepped out of the elevator I saw everyone and the way they were all dressed. You could say I was intimidated in a way.

I then walked up to the receptionist who looked to be nineteen, still in college, size 2, wearing a bright pink pencil tight dress with her hair tightly pulled back in a neat bun and very unfriendly.

As I approached the desk, she looked me up and down in disgust and definitely wasn't impressed.

"Ugh..." She sighs in frustration. "Are you lost?" She asks rudely.

"No. Uh, I'm here for the interview with Mr. Upton?" I nervously say.

She looks me up and down again with judgement and disgust. Then rolls her eyes and laughs a little.

"Follow me." She states as she stands and turns around to start leading me down a long hallway and has me sit in a room full of the exact thing I had pictured I'd be up against.

Sure I felt more out of place right now but still, I just keep thinking on the positive side.

All the girls were giving me the same look as the receptionist did but I don't care, I know that I don't need to shorten my skirt and show cleavage to get a job and if that's what he is looking for then fine, he'd be the one missing out, not me.

I waited not as long as I had thought as I noticed the room went from almost eight women were all being sent into the office and then sent back out crying or pissed off within close to ten minutes. Which made me more nervous and scared.

When I hear my name being called to go inside, I stand up and take in one last breath and let it out as soon as I step inside the office.

The receptionist outside of his office, the one I will be replacing was actually really nice and looked to be in her mid-thirties.

When she closed the door behind me, I jumped a little as right now I was looking around at all the framed pictures of all these covers with young women who are beautiful but have no curves at all and make me start second guessing myself.

Then I hear a deep voice start to speak while turning around in his chair.

He was hot as hell as he sat behind the desk in a buttoned down dark blue shirt with rolled up sleeves as he looked at me with a blank face expression. Though I was mostly distracted by his tattoos.

"Are you here for an interview or what?" He asks.

I look at him and walk towards his desk then hand him my resume.

"H-here." I clear my throat. "Here's my resume." I hand him the paper and next hold out my hand to be professional and shake it. But he doesn't do that.

"No need for that." He states as he continues looking at my resume and skims it.

I look around the office nervously and begin to worry a little at the awkward silence we are sharing right now with each other.

Suddenly my stupid throat feels dry and causes me to cough a little. At first I cough a little bit and then it continues. This was all I needed right now. Why couldn't my stomach have growled or something else.

I then hear a loud breath being released from him.

"Dorothea, can you please bring in some water." He calls his assistant outside.

She comes walking in and hands the glass to me.

"Are you alright?" She asks me.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I tell her as I take the water and begin to drink it.

Wow, this is going just great. (Note the sarcasm).

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)