Chapter 2: Connection

/they talk and eat together for a while, Ladybug doesn't even remember to give Chat the croissants, she's too distracted. She continues getting feelings of emotion from Chat Noir, but they don't match what he's saying and how he's acting, he seems happy, but she could feel that he wasn't, as if, he was hiding something. They talk for about 90 minutes\

Ladybug: Well, this has been wonderful Chat, I'm glad we got a chance to do this, it was very nice talking with you.

Chat Noir: right back at you m'lady *kisses her hand* I always enjoy your company.

Ladybug: Oh! I almost forgot! *hands him the Croissants* I hope you like them, freshly baked from the Dupain-Cheng bakery! Thanks for being a good partner this past year, we've been through alot.

Chat Noir: CROISSANTS!? My favorite!! Thanks so much m'lady! For the Croissants and for, well, being there, being wonderful, being, Ladybug.

Ladybug: *feels him cheering up when he sees the Croissants, and she smiles at him* There is one more person I need to go thank, the one who started this all, and brought us together.

Chat Noir: Master Fu?

Ladybug: Yeah, and I need to talk to him about something.

Chat Noir: very well then m'lady, let him know I'm so thankful he gave me my miraculous and put you in my life.

Ladybug: *giggles* silly kitty, I will. *she swings away to see Master Fu*

/at Master Fu's place\

Marinette: Master, I have something to tell you!

Master Fu: Marinette?! what is it!?

Marinette: *pulls out box of macaroons* thank you.

Master Fu: I'm confused, for what?

Marinette: a year ago today, was the day you gave me my miraculous, and I gave you one of these macaroons, remember? *she opens the box to reveal macaroons that look just like the ones Marinette was holding when she saved Master Fu the first time, one year ago*

Master: oh no! *looks a Wayzz, Wayzz looks back at him* that's today!? But i haven't prepared you!

Marinette: what is it? Prepared me for what?

Master Fu: Marinette, when miraculous holders have been in possession and use of their miraculous for one year, they begin to become connected to all the other miraculous holders who have also used their miraculous for at least one full year, there's many side effects.

Marinette: *gasps!* So that's why I could feel that Chat was sad today!..........Oh no....OH NO!! does it happen when the miraculous aren't in use!?  When we are in civilian form!? Will we feel each other then?!

Master Fu: unfortunately, *sighs* yes. But-

Marinette: no! We will find out each other's identities! Why didn't you tell me sooner, master?!

Master fu: I didn't realise it had already been so long, I thought we had more time. There's more though Marinette-

Marinette: this is a disaster! I can't know who he is! And he can't know who I am!! AHHHHHHH!!

Master Fu: Marinette calm down! *Sigh* maybe it's about time you found out anyway, maybe I should just tell you now so you're not surprised, its-

Marinette: No! *covers her ears* I'd rather wait and find out as late as possible, hopefully we don't interact much together in normal life.

Master Fu: Marinette that's not all, I'm not done explain-

Marinette: oh no! I'd better tell Chat Noir so he's prepared just in case, bye master! *walks out*

Master Fu: Marinette wait!

*she doesn't hear, she's already left*

Master Fu: this won't be good.

Wayzz: what are the other consequences master?

Master Fu: *sighs* she'll find out soon enough.......

/Marinette tries to call Chat Noir, but he's already detransformed and doesn't pick up, so Marinette decides to just go back to her room.\

Marinette: Tikki I can't believe this! It can't happen like this! He can't know!

Tikki: Marinette you and Chat Noir have been through alot, you can surely trust him by now, I don't see why it's such a big deal about your identities, it's very unlikely hawkmoth would be able to find out just from Chat Noir knowing, you have worse things to worry about.

Marinette: but if he finds out he will hate me and- wait, worse things!? what could be worse?!

Tikki: I don't know because you didn't let Master Fu finish explaining.

Marinette: I guess you're right Tikki I'm sorry it's just................

Tikki: ....just what Marinette?

Marinette: *sighs* Chat Noir thinks he loves me but, when he realises that I'm just, well.....me, he'll realise I'm not that great and it might make fighting together more complicated, when he sees I'm actually a nobody. And what about his identity? What if it's someone I already know?!

Tikki: what's wrong if it's someone you know?

Marinette: I dont know its just......say its like....Adrien or something, we wouldn't be able to work together, I'd get too distracted and I wouldn't be able to focus and-

Tikki: Marinette you are wayyyy over thinking this, you find a way out of every problem, you'll be fine! I'm sure of it!

Marinette: yeah you're right, *giggles* and there's no way it's Adrien so I'll be fine.

Tikki: *is silent* .......maybe Master Fu is right, maybe it's better if you know ahead of time....I think I should tell you....

Marinette: no! Please Tikki I don't want to know, I'd rather find out on my own.

Tikki: if you say so....

*a few moments of silence*

Tikki: I'm more worried about the other consequences Master Fu didn't get to mention.

Marinette: you're right Tikki, I should go talk to him. I'll do it first thing after school tomorrow.

Tikki: *sigh* 'mumbles: unless you already find out by then'

Marinette: what was that?

Tikki: nothing.....