Chapter 4: A Risk We Have to Take

Master Fu: *sets Marinette on the couch* come Wayzz, we must work quickly.

Wayzz: Master I don't know if we should do this, putting ladybug at risk puts all of Paris at risk.

Master Fu: I know, but Paris is already at risk and this may be our only chance to save Marinette, even if, she doesn't come out the same.

Wayzz: are you sure?

Master Fu: yes, it's for the best.

/meanwhile, at Gabriel Agrestes\

Gabriel: *working on fashion designing stuff, until he feels a pain in his chest, and the urge to leave, toward where Marinette and Adrien are* uhg, what's happening Nooroo?

Nooroo: *knows what's going on, but doesn't want to tell Gabriel* I -I don't know, I guess it's just-

Gabriel: ack! *he has a vision of Marinette laying on Master Fu's couch, but it's blurry, so he can't make out who it is* *gasps* it's Ladybug!

Nooroo: *also gasps*

Gabriel: you know what's going on, tell me! Don't try to lie to me!

Nooroo: I-I can't say

Gabriel: Well if you don't say, you won't be able to say anything.

Nooroo: no! Not again!

Gabriel: Then tell me!

Nooroo: *sigh* Ladybug and Chat Noir are weak from a connection they share with each other, and all active miraculous holders have visions of them, and feel a pull to them, so they will be able together to.............

Gabriel: So they will be able to do what Nooroo?!

Nooroo: so they will be able to come help, but-but, you won't go help them

Gabriel: *evil laugh* ha ha ha! This is perfect! I will find them! I will finally-*has vision of Adrien lying unconscious on Master Fu's floor, and at the exact same time, Adrien is having a vision of his father*

Adrien and Gabriel: Adrien!?/Father!?

*the vision immediately disappears for both of them*

Gabriel: No!! He can't be! ARGG! *leaves the house and drives toward where he feels Marinette and Adrien*

/Meanwhile, at Master Fu's\

Adrien: *has vision* Father!? *immediately regains consciousness, but he's still very weak, and the vision fades* Adrien: Wh-what am I doing here? Where even am I? *sees Master Fu from behind, who's caring for Marinette who's on the couch* Master Fu?

Master Fu: Adrien? Are you okay?!

Adrien: y-yes, I am, who's- *stands up and sees Marinette* Marinette!? Oh no,DOES THIS MEAN THAT MARINETTE IS-

Master Fu: yes, she is, and I must use her to save all of you.

Adrien: all of who-*looks around* Where's Plagg!? Ack! *pain goes throughout his body*

Master Fu: don't worry Adrien, he is safe, him and Tikki are recovering in the miracle box. As for you, you need to be careful and not have negative emotions, or you will hurt yourself.

Adrien: *looks again at Marinette* what's wrong with her!? How can we help her?!

Master Fu: by severing the connection with the other active miraculous holder.  It won't sever the connection with you, just hawkmoth. But it may end up causing more harm to her, and Paris.

Adrien: harm her?! How?

Master Fu: in order to sever this connection, it will cause them a much increased, much stronger connection and constant visions of each other that could last up to an hour, and they will see each other's thoughts and actions, past and present. The connection will then be completely broken off in about 6 hours. But, he will more than likely find out her secret identity, at the same time, we will also find out his.

Adrien: and, if we don't stop the connection?

Master Fu: well, she won't wake up for starters, because she has the miraculous of creation, it is herself creating the connections, whether she wants to or not. While she's in control of this connection to the both of you, she does not have enough energy in herself to awaken. Also, if she doesn't wake up, hawkmoth will come to her and find both of you sooner rather than later.

Adrien: I guess that doesn't give us much of a choice then, does it?

Master Fu: unfortunately, no. We must do this, and quickly. It will also cause her to immediately wake up.

Adrien: let's do it then.

Master Fu gives her a drink, which causes her to wake up abruptly, giving her minutes before her connection with hawkmoth increases\

Marinette: m-master? ADRIEN!?

Master Fu: Marinette please listen I don't have much time to explain. *explains what will happen with her and hawkmoth*

Marinette: master this isn't safe!

Master Fu: I know Marinette, but it was the only way!

Marinette: Adrien, come here.

Adrien: *goes over to her* what is it?

Marinette: Adrien, hawkmoth can't find you out too, so he can't see my memories, I need you to erase my memory.

Adrien: What!? No! I can't do that!

Marinette: you must! I don't know how, but I know it's going to work, even without you transformed, it's part of our connection, I can feel it.

Adrien: Marinette i feel it too but, what if it goes too far!? what if I mess it up!? If something horrible happens it would be my fault.

Marinette: that's a risk we need to take, now do it! Quickly!

Adrien: *sets his palm on Marinette's forehead, and begins seeing her memories rewind in his own head, as he erases them from hers*

Adrien: I'm sorry Marinette, this better work, or I'll never forgive myself.